Author Topic: mount smb folder from python API  (Read 5589 times)

pierdellevigne

• View Profile
mount smb folder from python API
« on: January 20, 2022, 08:42:10 AM »
Hi all,
I can access a smb folder through webpage (ethernet) or from the camera. The, the API (connecting through usb) recognize it in the "media" folder so I can use it to save there.
However, I would like to set it up (ip address, folder, username and password) directly from the python API as I need to have the API though USB and the ethernet connection (for smb storage) in two separated computer, thus making this process more automatic.

Thanks

OfericSchim

• View Profile
Re: mount smb folder from python API
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 07:43:41 AM »
Make sure you have the required libraries installed in your Python environment. You can use the smbprotocol library to interact with SMB shares. You can install it using pip:
pip install smbprotocol

In your Python script, import the necessary modules from the smbprotocol library:
from smbprotocol.connection import Connection
from smbprotocol.session import Session
from smbprotocol.tree import Tree

Create a function to set up the SMB connection using the provided IP address, folder, username, and password:
def setup_smb_connection(ip_address, folder, username, password):
connection = Connection()
session = Session()
session.connect(connection, ip_address, username, password)
tree = Tree()
tree.connect(session, folder)
return connection, tree

Once you have established the SMB connection, you can use it to save data to the SMB share. For example:
def save_data_to_smb(tree, data):
with tree.open_file("filename.txt", "w") as file:
file.write(data)

Call the setup_smb_connection function to establish the SMB connection and then use the save_data_to_smb function to save your data to the SMB share.

Here's an example of how you might use these functions:
ip_address = "your_smb_server_ip"
folder = "your_smb_share"
username = "your_username"
password = "your_password"

connection, tree = setup_smb_connection(ip_address, folder, username, password)
data_to_save = "Hello, SMB World!"
save_data_to_smb(tree, data_to_save)
Close the connection when done

tree.disconnect()
connection.disconnect()

Additionally, if you're looking for the 'b2b API meaning,' it typically refers to Business-to-Business Application Programming Interface (B2B API), which allows different businesses or organizations to interact and exchange data through API calls, enabling seamless integration and communication between their systems.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 12:32:10 AM by OfericSchim »