Author Topic: 1.4 Boot problem  (Read 17496 times)

坦丁

• View Profile
Re: 1.4 Boot problem
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2020, 04:44:20 AM »
Confirming this is happen in my case also
Both in 0.3.2 and 0.4-beta versions.
Quick question for everyone that this is happening to: Does it happen on Battery, AC, or AC + Battery?
It happens when plugged directly into the AC-socket of my wall (with battery also inside camera).  It happens with battery+AC.  It
happens with just-battery.
I have not tried it without the battery inside the camera.

In About screen on next success to boot:
Last Shutdown Reason: 97: PwrBtn, Software, PMIC Ack

sanjay

• Krontech
  • Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2020, 03:31:18 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks for adding details. After some information gathering about when/how this shutdown issue occurs, I've started the process of narrowing the problem down to something we changed in code between 0.3.1 and 0.3.2. For those encountering this issue who need to have their cameras turn on and work reliably until we release a fix, there are two options:

1. Attempt to use the "safe boot mode", which is a mode in which our power management controller ignores commands from the CPU, running only a minimal amount of firmware (your fan will spin at full speed, and no battery info will be reported on screen). To get into this mode, disconnect all power and battery, press and hold the power button down, insert the battery. If you see a green/red blinking pattern, it is now in safe boot mode, and you can attempt to use it normally.

2. Back up calibration data and downgrade to 0.3.1 using this downgrade package: http://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=460.0;attach=575

I apologise for the inconveniences that this might have caused. It has been something that has slipped through our standard QA process, but it is now a high priority for us to address.

JeffNickel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2020, 11:57:59 AM »
Thanks, The safe mode worked for me.  I've completed my tests so I'll try the firmware downgrade next.
 :D

JeffNickel

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2020, 02:09:14 PM »
Mu 1.4 is running V4 firmware.  I tried your downgrade firmware option but the system does not see any options on the UBS stick.  I can save movies to the USB stick but the option available is Voyager from the repository.  Is this downgrade only available for V3.2 cameras?

sanjay

• Krontech
  • Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2020, 03:33:41 PM »
Alright, some good news for those having the 'random' shutdown issue:

After digging through some code changes, I was able to reproduce this and realized that changes in how some status flags are set between the Power Manager and the CPU had changed between 0.3.1 and 0.3.2/0.4.0+.

If you hold the power button down for half a second or more, as you would to turn OFF the camera, the power manager will interpret this as a request to turn off after having entered the power ON state. Therefore, the camera boots, power management daemon starts before the rest of the UI, sees that a shutdown was requested, and then proceeds to turn the camera off.

The solution is to briefly press the power button to turn the camera on. Do not hold it down to start the camera, as anything > 500 mS will be interpreted as a command to turn off.

Please let me know if this mitigates the issues that everyone here has experienced. If so, I will add a delay sequence to the power manager so it correctly handles this button press.

Jeff, yes, the downgrade script is only to go from 0.3.2 to 0.3.1.

ExperimentalPerception

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2020, 04:48:54 PM »
That might explain it, as I usually hold the power button down until I see some signs of life.

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2020, 06:13:26 AM »
i also have been having weird booting on the new firmware 4 it takes about 5 times to get it to actually turn on yesterday\

saichner

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2020, 09:42:13 AM »
I had this happen for a while with the 2.1 and found if I take out out the internal battery and boot up the the camera with either AC or an external battery it boots up then pop the internal battery back in and remove the AC cord I was up and running.