Author Topic: New 3350 mAh battery  (Read 16170 times)

saichner

• View Profile
New 3350 mAh battery
« on: June 12, 2020, 12:08:40 PM »
Jupio ProLine EN-EL4/EN-EL4A Li-Ion Battery Pack (11.1V, 3350mAh)
Has anyone used this battery or the Jupio brand? 40% more power than the Watson.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1564339-REG

B.H.V

• View Profile
Re: New 3350 mAh battery
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 12:01:21 PM »
Would love to try this if it's safe to use.

saichner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 01:04:52 PM »
I have 2 on the way... I will test to see how long they last.   

B.H.V

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 08:04:33 AM »
Cool, thanks for you willing to test. : )

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 12:34:23 AM »
I'm curious to see too! I don't know of any of these batteries, other than the (obscenely expensive) OEM Nikon one, that actually meet their capacity spec.

When selecting a battery to ship with the camera, I ordered many different versions and tested their capacity. None of them met their stated capacity, for example, the included DSTE battery that comes with the camera claims to be 3Ah or something like that, and I measured it at 2.2Ah. Far from spec, but not far behind the Nikon one, and about 1/5th the price. The DSTE battery was selected because it was readily available, had good build quality, and had one of the better capacities.

chrissie_c

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 08:42:42 AM »
I'm interested too. I have a couple of Jupio batteries that I use with my GH5S and they work fine, which is encouraging.

My Kronos 2.1HD hasn't arrived yet so I can easily hang on for a report ;-)

ExperimentalPerception

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 10:27:05 AM »
IMHO, the camera sucks the life out of the batteries way too fast. You will soon be looking for an external battery with a 20v plug. Most laptop compatible external batteries have 20v plugs. During filming I cant take the chance that I lost the shot because the battery died while I wasnt looking.

saichner

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 04:29:36 PM »
This is a good external battery.  Comes with the correct cable too.  In combo nation with the internal Watson battery this will give you 3 hrs 45min of continual power...

Check this out at Amazon.com
BatPower EX7H 98Wh Laptop External Battery Power Bank for HP Pavilion Envy Spectre Split Slatebook Chromebook Streambook EliteBook Notebook(Circular Connector) USB QC Fast Charging Tablet Smartphone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DGL6DX7/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_jpv6EbQHBHASP

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 11:04:04 PM »
I have 2 on the way... I will test to see how long they last.
how did the test go with the jupio?

saichner

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 09:26:20 AM »
Waiting for delivery... B&H is super slow because of COVID...

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 09:36:25 AM »
Waiting for delivery... B&H is super slow because of COVID...
wow super slow shot at pico the other day so fun need to go more

saichner

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2020, 11:55:56 AM »
<<Results In>>

Using the Nikon MH-22 to charge the Jupio 3350 mAh battery.  From boot up showing 100% to camera auto shut down I got 1hr 33min... 😁  I did normal use, black cal, moving though different menu screens and a total of 8 saves on post trigger...

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2020, 06:28:56 PM »
Old topic, but i just managed to finally do a propper test on my Camera with an V-Mount Adapter and an 190Wh V-Mount Battery.
 Got an uninterrupted runtime of 8 Hours 43 Min (recording the whole time) with the V-Mount converter feeding the Charger-Jack on the Chronos 2.1 with the Standard Battery inside, that came with the Camera.
 Since the Battery inside the Camera will still power the camera even when the V-Mount is unplugged, meaning You can change out the V-Mount Batteries without powering the Camera itself down. So, if you have multiple V-Mount Batteries, you can achieve pretty impressive uninterrupted runtime if needed (One of those 190Wh V-Mount Batteries should provide a bit less then 8 Hours of Battery live). I now finally dont need to worry about running out of power with this one anymore  :) .

Bian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2020, 11:51:56 PM »
Old topic, but i just managed to finally do a propper test on my Camera with an V-Mount Adapter and an 190Wh V-Mount Battery.
 Got an uninterrupted runtime of 8 Hours 43 Min (recording the whole time) with the V-Mount converter feeding the Charger-Jack on the Chronos 2.1 with the Standard Battery inside, that came with the Camera.
 Since the Battery inside the Camera will still power the camera even when the V-Mount is unplugged, meaning You can change out the V-Mount Batteries without powering the Camera itself down. So, if you have multiple V-Mount Batteries, you can achieve pretty impressive uninterrupted runtime if needed (One of those 190Wh V-Mount Batteries should provide a bit less then 8 Hours of Battery live). I now finally dont need to worry about running out of power with this one anymore  :) .

A realy good idea - thanks for this information  :)

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 02:59:25 AM »

A realy good idea - thanks for this information  :)
Since you have the Same Globalmediapro V-Mount Converter and had a few problems with it, have you tested it with the Internal Battery inside also? I just had the Chronos 2.1 Connected, no SSD or anything, and that worked fine without any problems. When using without the internal Battery, load-Spikes could also be a problem, so for example, if the Adapter only provides 38W of power and the Chronos 2.1 pulls a bit more for just a short moment, its maybe already enough for the Overload-Protection of the Converter to switch it of. Would be really curious to hear, if it still crashes/ Switches off the Converter when used in combination with the original Internal Battery as "buffer".