Chronos > Software Dev

Remote control AND data transfer

(1/2) > >>

gcp5017:
Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to transfer data from the camera to the connected laptop? I can currently control Chronos 1.4( v 0.4) remotely with python using json, but having difficulty determining how to get data onto the laptop.

Thank you in advance.

NiNeff:
There are several options. You could use network storage / samba shares. You could use SSH access and then use the common linux tools or a python script. There has been one posted here on the forums, but it's quite outdated and from before we had a proper API. It might still work though.

gcp5017:
Thank you for the suggestion NiNeff.

I have been trying to do this over the NFS option in the camera (util.->Network->NFS Network Storage) which allows you to enter two fields, Address and Mount.
The NFS is configured on the host (tried with a laptop and a desktop, ubuntu 18 and 16). I used the computer IP as address, and entered the path for mount, following direction from : https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-an-nfs-mount-on-ubuntu-18-04

However, when I press the 'test' button, an error pops up informing me the "NFS share /var/nfs/general/ on ip_address is not connected!"
I am able to ping/operate the camera though. A bit lost at this point.
Hoping some one else has had better luck.

gcp5017:
Figured I would add that, trying to SSH into the camera does not work. It is asking me for a password.

gcp5017:
It appears as though the v0.4 does not come with the nfs-common package for NFS network storage, SMB is available though.
I was able to ssh into the camera (root@camera_ip, but prompted with the password. I am hesitant to post the root password on the forums, not sure if it is allowed, but guessing worked.
Installing the nfs-common while being connected to the interned did allow me to setup an NFS folder, which shows up in the cameras GUI. However, when trying to save a file, it hangs, even when the save is to the internal micro card. I am still able to ping the device.

Will provide a guide once all the issues are resolved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version