Author Topic: Is Krontech still in business?  (Read 15214 times)

SergeyKashin

Re: Is Krontech still in business?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2020, 09:36:17 AM »
Is there anyone waiting for cameras from February or early this year?

AdamSFX

• I blow things up for films
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2020, 07:58:50 PM »
It would certainly be good to get an official update or comment from someone at Krontech on this and other threads in the forum  :-\

clkdiv

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2020, 12:20:58 AM »
I really feel uncomfortable that none of the officials is replying here. Although I already have the Chronos 2.1 here. What, if some minor part breaks? Will this be a total loss then?

I don't understand Krontech. It is obvious that if I would being interested in buying a camera and then stumble upon such a thread in the companies forum discussing whether a company is still in business and this thread is completely ignored by the company, I wouldn't invest some thousands of dollars having the feeling the camera maybe never arrives and the money is just gone.

What's going on at Krontech?

« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 04:52:01 AM by clkdiv »

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 01:41:38 PM »
I really feel uncomfortable that none of the officials is replying here. Although I already have the Chronos 2.1 here. What, if some minor part breaks? Will this be a total loss then?

I don't understand Krontech. It is obvious that if I would being interested in buying a camera and then stumble upon such a thread in the companies forum discussing whether a company is still in business and this thread is completely ignored by the company, I wouldn't invest some thousands of dollars having the feeling the camera maybe never arrives and the money is just gone.

What's going on at Krontech?
Well, as much as i share your point of view from waiting for my allready paid camera for quite some time longer than expected and not allways getting an reply instantly, i am also not really sure what i would even write if i had to put any kind of official reply in such a thread if i was Krontech. For sure, some of their decision are somewhat Questionable, and would absolutely have liked (and still to this day) to get some information earlier or at all, but keep in mind, they are still a company, and any kind of official statement about stuff like this could backfire very hard at any point, so if i where them, i would absolutely take my time with some stuff to not make bad mistakes. Also, they actually dont have to reply at all, if they really wanted to. Just look at any other camera Company, you will find people somewhere talking bad things about them, if you search long enough, so what. People still buy their stuff, or find something better. Good luck with that in terms of Highspeed Cameras though... even if they quit as of today for whatever reason, they would still have survived crazy long for beeing a kickstarter initially, and also a company that really delivered what they promised and more, compared to so much others that didnt even come Close to finishing their prototype after Collecting all the money....
 And i dont really get why most people here seem so sure, that Krontech Will go / is in danger of going out of bussiness? Sure, ecconomy isnt great at the moment, but that also doesnt mean that every company will just die instantly. They are as of now sending cameras out just as fast as they can possibly, from my personal experience and anyone i talked to, the big delay in the last month was not from them Having trouble selling Cameras or anything about money, but Parts Shortage. From what i can see its more like the opposite, they right now have way more demand than they can produce. As i said allready, it sure had been a lot more relaxing for me and a lot of other people if they where more open about the delays, image-Quality problems and more, but nobody except them knows the reasons why they put out / keep certain informations, who knows what else is going on behind the scenes, they might have very good reasons why they do it exactly like this, and i guess they would propably do it differently if they thought they knew a better way of doing it. (a wise saying where i live goes something like this: (roughly translated from German:) You cant look inside someone elses Head / Heart)

Thomas L.

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2020, 01:56:58 PM »
I would like to apologize on behalf of Kron Technologies for not interacting here earlier. Kron Technologies in still in business, up and running almost normally with of course some physical distancing and staff members working from home for the most part. Trust us, we have no interest in hiding information to our customers. In fact, we want to be as transparent as possible but there is of course room for improvement ... Your feedback is valuable.

In fact, our months of July and August were very intense in terms of new Chronos camera orders, especially for the Chronos 2.1-HD! As you know, disturbances in supply chains around the world as well as an always increasing number of orders have been affecting our capacity to get the necessary components to assemble cameras and fulfill all orders. Be ensured that our team is working around the clock to get each order prepared and shipped as quickly as possible.

Note that orders are treated on a first placed (invoice issued and order accepted in our system after the submission of needed documents or payment if applicable) first served basis. If your order was accepted, expect to receive an email notification when it is ready to ship. FYI, Chronos 2.1-HD pre orders placed now are now expected to take a few weeks to ship provided that orders placed before have been fulfilled.

Our regular hours are Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. The best ways to contact us if you need:
- Technical support and assistance, please contact [email protected]
- An update on the status of your order or have shipping related questions, please contact [email protected]
- For all other general inquires, contact our sales team at [email protected].
You can also call us at 778-819-1182 during our hours of operations and leave a message if needed. We will make sure to monitor all communication closely and get back to you quickly.

clkdiv

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2020, 05:42:07 AM »
I am that much in love with my Chronos 2.1, I need to have the feeling the company building is there if support is needed and also that updates are around! So thank you very much for replying!

Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2020, 10:18:01 AM »
I would like to apologize on behalf of Kron Technologies for not interacting here earlier.

Very much appreciated, Thomas!!! Thanks for taking the time to respond  :)

I'm currently beta-testing a new smartphone, the devs are really struggeling to get the google certification done, and completely abandoned the beta tester forums for weeks now. It's not a good practice to leave customers or supporters hanging, much less on an official channel.

But yea, I'm well aware that "smaller" companies don't always have the man/girlpower to keep tabs on all social media channels and may not able to respond quickly, but I always thought at least one channel, best the official forum, should be at least monitored with half an eye, maybe once a week?

Since there's now complete radio silence from the smartphone devs in my case, I'm happy above average to see life signs from you, even though I'm not waiting on any orders  ;D

Rumor mills shouldn't be left spinning for weeks, the details may be lost over time, but a bad feeling/misconception may linger quite a while  ;)

All the best to the team!
Martin