Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Focus Aid

(1/2) > >>

ptrautne:
I saw in the manual that there is a focus aid that will zoom in to aid in focusing. I could not find that feature but only focus peaking, is it coming in a future update?

tesla500:
The zoom function was in the very early prototype cameras, and was switched out for focus peaking. An option for zoom will be back in the next update.

ptrautne:
Thanks for the reply, do you know when the HDMI would be activated also? I like using a external video monitor which have very good peaking ability and zoom feature for focus assist.

NoDak:
HDMI support will be a welcome addition. It will be so much easier to take video by oneself when you can have a remote monitor to look at and see if what you want is in frame. That is a significant problem with my current camera.

The one "bummer" moment for me was finding that the camera had HDMI but no NTSC/PAL output option. There are adapters though that one can rig up to convert so you can have a remote monitor some distance away. I'll make it work once the HDMI function is enabled.

Just curious about the function you describe. Is it a software zoom of sorts?

I do CCTV cameras for a living, so I'm used to focusing cameras on my homemade 2" monitor setup with whatever happens to be visible.

Fyodor:

--- Quote from: tesla500 on September 14, 2017, 09:45:59 PM ---An option for zoom will be back in the next update.

--- End quote ---

Was the option in the last update? I didn't find it, but it would help me a lot. Most of the time I film in low light conditions, so I always have the lens set to the fastest f stop. Focus highlighting doesn't work reliably in these conditions, and the resolution of the internal screen is too low to sucessfully eyeballing focus, especially with very short focus depth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version