Author Topic: Triggered Exposure Mode  (Read 8276 times)

dgerrard

• View Profile
Triggered Exposure Mode
« on: October 08, 2017, 03:06:09 PM »
I've been testing the Triggered Exposure Mode and it does not seem to work as I expected.  I send in square wave (50% duty cycle) trigger pulse and it appears to change the frame rate but the frame rate shown on the screen is whatever the Common preset resolutions happens to be set at (1057 fps at 1280x1024).  Setting the frame rate to 30 fps seems to make the camera operate at that frame rate based on file size but the automatic exposure does not seem to work.  You can still adjust the shutter speed with the slide bar and adjusting the lens aperture changes the brightness.

The manual states in this mode " the exposure duration is controlled by the camera" so I expected the camera to adjust shutter speed automatically.  Is this mode not working yet?

Also, the microphone is not working either, no sound is recorded.  Is this also on the 'to do' list?

Doug

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
Re: Triggered Exposure Mode
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 04:48:17 PM »
Hi Doug,

In triggered exposure mode, the frame rate display does not show the actual frame rate, only the maximum you can run it at. You can't run triggered exposure faster than the camera is set to, it will drop frames.

The exposure control will control the shutter speed, provided you are triggering the camera at or below the frame rate it's set to. If you for example set the camera to 30fps and provide a 1000Hz trigger signal, undefined operation may occur. Let me know if you still have the problem with the shutter control when operating within limits.

Sound is not supported yet.

David

dgerrard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 07:42:06 PM »
I am definitely keeping the triggered signal below the cameras frame rate and the corresponding fps seems to be correct.  I have tested with a triggered signal at 30 Hz and 1,000 Hz but always keep the camera at 1280x1024 or 1057 fps max rate.  It does not seem to adjust the exposure.  Do I have to enter the frames per second on the Record Settings page?

Doug

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 11:56:58 PM »
Hi Doug,

I just re-read your first message, you were referring to "automatic exposure". The camera does not support any sort of automatic exposure yet, it is entirely manual. The exposure will not adjust by itself, only the slider or setting on the Record Settings page will control it. Is this the problem you were describing?

Auto exposure is coming in a future update.

David.

dgerrard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 06:01:04 AM »
Yes, I was thinking automatic exposure was already implemented.

On the topic of future updates, do you have an ETA on the next software update and what will be included?

Doug