Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Focusing Troubles

(1/2) > >>

wilheldp:
I have shot several videos with my camera now, and I'm having a lot of trouble getting the subject in focus.  I am using the focus peaking, and try to get the greatest concentration of cyan dots on my subject, but everything I shoot seems to come up ever-so-slightly out of focus.  I rarely use the kit lens down to F1.2 (shoot mostly in bright sunlight or with Godox + Fresnel directly on subject), so I don't think tiny depth of field is my problem. 

Does anybody have any tips for proper focusing?  I'm assuming this is just a photography problem (I don't have a lot of experience with manually focusing video lenses), but I can't seem to grasp it after 20 or so videos.

Electra:
Once the option to zoom in returns that will be handy and will make things easier.
Until then, I've found putting a card/piece of paper with some sharp black/white text or lines against the subject, focusing that and then doing the shot works for me. But that isn't always possible.

jasonfish:
What resolution(s) are we talking about here? Not to say that getting good focus isn't hard (it definitely can be), but I wonder if you're mistaking sensor softness for blurriness.

tesla500:
What settings are you typically using for aperture when you're having focusing problems?

Sometimes I find it helps to leave the aperture wide while focusing then close it down after, the increased reduced depth of field makes it easier to find focus.

John Delonghi:
Can you post a video here? I think it's likely you're just seeing some image softness as jefish says.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version