Author Topic: Triggers?  (Read 19814 times)

North Idaho

• View Profile
Triggers?
« on: October 12, 2017, 01:31:34 PM »
Looking at making or maybe buying a trigger for the camera. One thing I would like to film is lightning. And of course shooting various items.  So what are you guys using as triggers for such things?

Donny

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
Re: Triggers?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 05:33:52 PM »
What type of trigger are you looking for? Manual button, or something automatic? Triggering on lightning automatically would need a light/flash trigger most likely, anyone have suggestions for this? The camera will eventually be able to do this by itself by triggering on an image change, but that's some time off.

North Idaho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 02:54:27 PM »
Auto would be best. Sound and light for starters. Does the camera have a delay option for the trigger? If not the trigger would need this feature. Having a delay option can help in certain situations Since I only have 4 seconds of record time.

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 11:13:34 AM »
Yes, the delay is adjustable in camera.

AimedResearch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 06:54:09 PM »
What I have been recommending is the Micnova light, sound, and motion trigger.  There are other brands that share the same trigger housing but the electronics are not the same.  Contact me through Aimed-Research.com and I can get you some links to the best outlets to purchase the trigger and the required items to go from 2.5m to BNC.

GladBok

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 11:37:00 AM »
Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge MIOPS Smart Trigger has long duration, rechargable and replacable LiOn battery so you can use it up to 4-5 days with one charge. Pluto uses LiPo battery like MIOPS Mobile Remote and they work around 24 hours with one charge.

turnkey pcb assembly
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 02:03:45 PM by GladBok »

miked

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 09:11:00 AM »
Can anyone confirm if the Pluto trigger is compatible with the 1.4?   Per their site, the Pluto is compatible with E3, N3, DC0, DC1, DC2, S1, S2, UC1, CB1,P1, L1, F and SA cables.