Chronos > Software Dev

Software v0.3?

(1/2) > >>

jasonfish:
I'm bored, so thought I'd harass David. :) Any idea when the next software rev might be coming, and what might be included?

patrickrebstock:
im super exited for the update too, i am looking forward to the hdmi out for shooting with a EVF, the screen is pretty hard to see outdoors in the sun, i have to shoot with a towel over my head to beable to focus for action sports
also exited for water housing options

tesla500:
The next version is being worked on right now. Features in this coming version are:

* Remembering settings across reboots (most common request!)
* Fix for a potential cold-temperature RAM issue (seen as horizontal bands of colored pixels)
* Autonomous operation with automatic save-after-trigger and automatic recording start after save
* Maybe HDMI
If HDMI doesn't get into this release, it will be in the next.

Ethernet will be coming in a subsequent update, it's a big project, the entire low-level camera control needs to be broken out of the user application and made to work over network.

Also, the open source release is imminent, finally have a working build environment that doesn't have any of the NDA code in it! Hopefully within the week.

gyppor:
David,

How complicated would it be to allow the user to select what resolutions we want in the drop-down menu?

Maybe we could have a few "user preset" slots in the drop-down menu? Or would this entail too many |UI changes, adding buttons etc for this revision?

tesla500:

--- Quote from: gyppor on October 17, 2017, 07:00:26 PM ---David,

How complicated would it be to allow the user to select what resolutions we want in the drop-down menu?

Maybe we could have a few "user preset" slots in the drop-down menu? Or would this entail too many |UI changes, adding buttons etc for this revision?

--- End quote ---

That is quite easy, you could do it now manually in fact. If you put the OS SD card into a Linux system, add your resolutions, one per line, in /opt/camera/resolutions

resolutions is just a text file, the default content is:

--- Code: ---1280x1024
1280x720
1280x512
1280x360
1280x240
1280x120
1280x96
1024x768
1024x576
800x600
800x480