Author Topic: Software v0.3?  (Read 14780 times)

jasonfish

• View Profile
Software v0.3?
« on: October 16, 2017, 05:01:20 PM »
I'm bored, so thought I'd harass David. :) Any idea when the next software rev might be coming, and what might be included?

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
Re: Software v0.3?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 08:04:15 PM »
im super exited for the update too, i am looking forward to the hdmi out for shooting with a EVF, the screen is pretty hard to see outdoors in the sun, i have to shoot with a towel over my head to beable to focus for action sports
also exited for water housing options

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 06:21:27 PM »
The next version is being worked on right now. Features in this coming version are:
  • Remembering settings across reboots (most common request!)
  • Fix for a potential cold-temperature RAM issue (seen as horizontal bands of colored pixels)
  • Autonomous operation with automatic save-after-trigger and automatic recording start after save
  • Maybe HDMI

If HDMI doesn't get into this release, it will be in the next.

Ethernet will be coming in a subsequent update, it's a big project, the entire low-level camera control needs to be broken out of the user application and made to work over network.

Also, the open source release is imminent, finally have a working build environment that doesn't have any of the NDA code in it! Hopefully within the week.

gyppor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 07:00:26 PM »
David,

How complicated would it be to allow the user to select what resolutions we want in the drop-down menu?

Maybe we could have a few "user preset" slots in the drop-down menu? Or would this entail too many |UI changes, adding buttons etc for this revision?

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 12:01:46 AM »
David,

How complicated would it be to allow the user to select what resolutions we want in the drop-down menu?

Maybe we could have a few "user preset" slots in the drop-down menu? Or would this entail too many |UI changes, adding buttons etc for this revision?

That is quite easy, you could do it now manually in fact. If you put the OS SD card into a Linux system, add your resolutions, one per line, in /opt/camera/resolutions

resolutions is just a text file, the default content is:

Code: [Select]
1280x1024
1280x720
1280x512
1280x360
1280x240
1280x120
1280x96
1024x768
1024x576
800x600
800x480
640x480
640x360
640x240
640x120
640x96

nik282000

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 11:39:10 AM »
Also, the open source release is imminent, finally have a working build environment that doesn't have any of the NDA code in it! Hopefully within the week.

Awesome news! I'm really curious to take a look under the hood.

Fyodor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 12:42:52 AM »
Any news on the timeline?

I'd really love to see a magnified center part of the screen for focussing. Maybe to be selected "focus aid 1" / "focus aid 2" / "focus aid off". Especially in low to medium light or low contrast conditions, focussing using the edge highlight doesn't work well. And because of the limited resolution of the screen, it's just a guess if your in the middle of what appears to be the "good range".

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 08:10:42 AM »
Remembering settings across reboots (most common request!) 
awesome! does that include a black cal?  so i can turn on and off in the housing to save battery

Autonomous operation with automatic save-after-trigger and automatic recording start after save
Thank you thank you! yeah! this is going to be so epic

would be awesome to change shutter with the jog dial for exposure

hdmi will be cool too!

Camoit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 03:38:42 PM »
Remembering settings across reboots (most common request!) 
awesome! does that include a black cal?  so i can turn on and off in the housing to save battery

Autonomous operation with automatic save-after-trigger and automatic recording start after save
Thank you thank you! yeah! this is going to be so epic

would be awesome to change shutter with the jog dial for exposure

hdmi will be cool too!

I will second this request.

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 12:35:28 PM »
The next version is being worked on right now. Features in this coming version are:
  • Remembering settings across reboots (most common request!)
  • Fix for a potential cold-temperature RAM issue (seen as horizontal bands of colored pixels)
  • Autonomous operation with automatic save-after-trigger and automatic recording start after save
  • Maybe HDMI

If HDMI doesn't get into this release, it will be in the next.

Ethernet will be coming in a subsequent update, it's a big project, the entire low-level camera control needs to be broken out of the user application and made to work over network.

Any update on a timeframe for this update?
just wondering because the new features will effect how i have my waterhousing controls made.
so exited!
thanks David