Chronos > Software Dev

Chronos V0.5.0 Full Release

<< < (2/9) > >>

sanjay:

--- Quote from: Nikon1 on June 17, 2020, 05:20:20 PM ---Huge thanks for the 60fps continous recording with audio!Will this come Pre-Installed on the new 2.1 Chonos Cameras which are preordered?

--- End quote ---

Yes, this is what is now being shipped for both the 1.4 and 2.1s. We also have a new manual on the way to support it.

--- Quote from: CS223 on June 18, 2020, 09:11:50 PM ---Any time frame on enabling the audio trigger for things like gun shots etc?

--- End quote ---

We don't have a formal schedule for this at the moment. If you're looking to do some audio triggering in the short term, I'm wondering if you could set something up to use the new Toggle trigger (start-stop) mode + some sort of external device to provide a trigger signal into the camera upon hearing whatever kind of sound signature you'd like to listen for..

--- Quote from: ExperimentalPerception on June 18, 2020, 09:23:54 PM ---Or auto triggers... based on changes in pixels on screen?

--- End quote ---

Great question, thanks for bringing it up. This is something we're looking into developing examples/application notes for. It's not something that is planned to be done within the camera itself, but with the live RTSP stream being fed into a computer vision application running on a PC. Here's where you'll be able to find those examples when available: https://github.com/krontech/chronos-examples

Bian:
A big thank you to the Chronos team.

Did some tests and the software works without problems. I like the new GUI it looks very well.
Only one point - some digits from the frame numbers/counter in the play-window are at high framerates out of the visible range.
Finaly an other question - is it possible to insert some new 16:9 resolution settings - for example 800x450, 576x322 and so on.

Thank you!

NiNeff:
I also had a quick playaround.
I quite like the new dark design, and it seems to work well!
so far I have run into three issues:
 - the "OK" button on the safely remove dialog can't be clicked (neither via the touchscreen, nor via click on the cogwheel)
 - I hear wierd noises (almost sounding like a fan) on the live video audio, even without  microphone being plugged in
 - I'm sofar unable to record audio – is there a special microphone needed? I tried a regular PC Headset without any amplification.

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: NiNeff on June 20, 2020, 08:40:50 AM --- - I hear wierd noises (almost sounding like a fan) on the live video audio, even without  microphone being plugged in
 - I'm sofar unable to record audio – is there a special microphone needed? I tried a regular PC Headset without any amplification.

--- End quote ---
Well, since the Camera has a built-in fan also, thats maybe where the Fan noises come from. I think the built-In microphone is pretty much unuseable for actuall high-Quality Audio for almost anything serious because of that, but could be a live-Saver to sync Any kind of High-Quality Stand-Alone Recorder or other Audio. If you only get fan noise, did you try to record something louder? maybe the fan was just much louder for the camera, than whatever Sound you tried to record because its a lot closer....
 As for the external microphone, i am pretty sure, you need a powered microphone with an internal amplifier. As far, as i know, its just an analog input, which will basicaly just record a Voltage over time. And you just wont get a voltage from an standard-non-Powered Microphone. The best you could try to test the Audio-In without buying some Powered Microphone or an Mic-Amp would propably be to feed the camera Audio-In with an Audio-Out from a PC and play music or something to get an actuall voltage to the Camera-input. Would propably be smart to start a lower volume and turn up the audio if needed slowly.
I dont know if thats implemented yet, but i think some kind of indicator of the input level of the Audio-In would propably be VERY helpfull to have for a lot of people. Most cameras with Audio-In have one. I dont know if there is space to put it on the main screen over the actuall video feed (i mean one Line/ Row of pixels for Left and one for right would maybe allready be enough), otherwise it could live in some Menu, where you would go to check audio. Still better than not having an indicator at all... Just an idea however, which could save someones day in video production.

NiNeff:

--- Quote from: Nikon1 on June 20, 2020, 05:00:51 PM ---Well, since the Camera has a built-in fan also, thats maybe where the Fan noises come from. I think the built-In microphone is pretty much unuseable for actuall high-Quality Audio for almost anything serious because of that, but could be a live-Saver to sync Any kind of High-Quality Stand-Alone Recorder or other Audio. If you only get fan noise, did you try to record something louder? maybe the fan was just much louder for the camera, than whatever Sound you tried to record because its a lot closer....

--- End quote ---
I'm not sure if the camera even has an internal microphone, I do not remember seing one last time I took it apart. But I might have overlooked it. The camera certainly has an (as of yet) unused speaker. Some confirmation from the Krontech guys would help here.

--- Quote from: Nikon1 on June 20, 2020, 05:00:51 PM ---As for the external microphone, i am pretty sure, you need a powered microphone with an internal amplifier. As far, as i know, its just an analog input, which will basicaly just record a Voltage over time. And you just wont get a voltage from an standard-non-Powered Microphone. The best you could try to test the Audio-In without buying some Powered Microphone or an Mic-Amp would propably be to feed the camera Audio-In with an Audio-Out from a PC and play music or something to get an actuall voltage to the Camera-input. Would propably be smart to start a lower volume and turn up the audio if needed slowly.

--- End quote ---
I certainly could use a signal generator and feed it a pure sinewave for testing, but at this time I'm not willing to experiment with appling any voltage to the microphone jack without knowing the hardware limitations.

--- Quote from: Nikon1 on June 20, 2020, 05:00:51 PM ---I dont know if thats implemented yet, but i think some kind of indicator of the input level of the Audio-In would propably be VERY helpfull to have for a lot of people. Most cameras with Audio-In have one. I dont know if there is space to put it on the main screen over the actuall video feed (i mean one Line/ Row of pixels for Left and one for right would maybe allready be enough), otherwise it could live in some Menu, where you would go to check audio. Still better than not having an indicator at all... Just an idea however, which could save someones day in video production.

--- End quote ---
This would indeed be very helpful!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version