Chronos > Software Dev

Software update V0.2

<< < (3/5) > >>

Camoit:
Any time line on when the Audio input and the HDMI Output will be supported?
Those 2 items and RAW would make this camera sell like hot cakes.

Three things I noticed that there needed
#1 A factory reset button for all settings or per page.
#2 A percentage meter like you have on the battery but for the amount of storage left.
#3 A button to clear the cash or ram. Unless it's set up for roll over.
If it is there needs to be something in the manual stating it.
I'm just used to cameras you do not edit on. You shoot it. It saves the hole thing. In point at record start. Out at record stop. Perhaps that can be a button we can X on, or X off. 

NoDak:

--- Quote from: Camoit on September 08, 2017, 06:18:48 PM ---I'm just used to cameras you do not edit on. You shoot it. It saves the hole thing. In point at record start. Out at record stop. Perhaps that can be a button we can X on, or X off.

--- End quote ---

Just reading through the threads and I came across this. I agree that it would be nice to have a "Point and Shoot" option like that. I'm sure I'll have a better idea how things work once I get my camera, but flash storage is cheap nowadays. Just have a couple flash cards to store everything. If you are doing a lot, just dump one card to a laptop while you film with the other.

Not having to edit before saving would be very important when accessing the camera between triggers is impractical. An example would be filming the sawmill at one of the nearby steam thresher reunion cutting the logs into boards. They may let me setup when the saw is shutdown, but they are NOT gonna let me anywhere close a running 5 foot sawblade every time I trigger the camera. This would probably be welcome in scientific environments as well.

Thanks again for the hard work you do.

jasonfish:
Not sure how that would work, since you still have a max 4 or 8 second record time. At what point would the camera decide, without your interaction, to stop recording and begin flushing the buffer to disk?

Seems that a remote RF trigger would be a good addition to your kit. ;)

NoDak:

--- Quote from: jefish on September 19, 2017, 10:52:23 PM ---Not sure how that would work, since you still have a max 4 or 8 second record time. At what point would the camera decide, without your interaction, to stop recording and begin flushing the buffer to disk?

Seems that a remote RF trigger would be a good addition to your kit. ;)

--- End quote ---
Oh, you would still trigger it like you normally do and then it would start writing to the SD card or whatever you have setup for storage.

You would have to know ahead of time how long it takes to write to the buffer, though once HDMI is working it will be easier to monitor.

Sorry for the confusion.

jasonfish:
Oh I gotcha. I misunderstood, my bad. Depending on the frame rate, flushing the entire buffer could take many minutes, but at least it would have a head start. :)

I wonder if this would be an opportunity to use a long press of the Record button. Normal press = normal operation. Long press raises a menu of post-trigger options.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version