General > General high-speed discussion

Video editing software

<< < (2/3) > >>

PointyHairedBoss:

--- Quote from: DavisolAvin on April 26, 2021, 01:34:09 AM ---I guess you found already what you were looking for. There are a lot of video editing software options out there.

--- End quote ---

Yes, being a PC guy I've been using PowerDirector for all my video editing. It does everything I want & is reasonably priced. If I had a MAC I'd probably be using Apple software.  However be prepared to spend some time playing with any video editing software you get, they all have a learning curve.
In my limited experience making videos, my biggest challenge is finding suitable uncopywrited music.

PointyHairedBoss:

--- Quote from: KenziMac on April 26, 2021, 02:39:06 AM ---I would love to take a look at the videos you created...

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your interest.  This is my most recent slomo video:

There are a few more mixed in with my other videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8p7AoQuMasvc_OpdAi4Cbg

slawacarlick:
 Who has any experience with any of these? Perhaps something else?

axiax96:
PowerDirector is a great program and it is highly optimized, but the problem is that the functionality of this program is not that great. In addition, PowerDirector has a very poor implementation of the green screen editing function. That is why I decided to find software in which I can correctly apply the green screen function. I found the Top 10 Free Green Screen Software in this article and it helped me a lot. This list includes programs such as Movavi Video Editor Plus and others. The functionality and speed of this program is simply amazing.

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: axiax96 on May 30, 2021, 06:03:16 PM ---Also what video editor have you used to merge the whole video? I know there're plenty of softwares, but a great number of them destroy the quality so much...

--- End quote ---
What? Which ones? Most (at least half way decent, and yes, also the Plenty of free ones) ones are able to export in high quality or even Uncompressed (which of course will result in an Huge File usualy, depending on length of whatever you export. Make sure your PC can play those back, if you try to use uncompressed formats, as they can be pretty demanding in terms of Hardware needed for Smooth playback) Quality. If your Editing software outputs bad quality files, check your Settings for Export (or whatever the specific Software calls those). Usually increasing Bitrate by quite a bit should help with quality, if you are using compressed Formats like .mp4 or anything else H.264/ H.265 / Quicktime /ect.
 If that still isnt High enough Quality, try to change export File Format/ Codec to an Uncompressed/ Less Compressed Format/ Codec.
 In terms of Bitrate for .mp4 Files with H.264 Compression, 8000 kBit/s should be Plenty for FullHD Resolution, even i use less sometims if i need smaller files, like to upload them here.
 If you have a ton of random Noise or glitter or something like that (a lot of fast and randomly changing color and Brightness Information in the Images compared to the Following frame/-s), you might need WAY more than 8000kBits to make it look reasonably good. The Less changes within your frame, the lower Bitrate will usually be enough to result in an Similarly good looking final image in the exported File.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version