Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Introducing Chronos 2.1 HD!

<< < (2/14) > >>

Michael M.:

--- Quote from: NiNeff on April 05, 2019, 02:14:48 PM ---Sounds and looks great. Nice to see some user-requested improvements.
Will the preorder include a lens or just the camera?

--- End quote ---

I don't believe we are including lenses with this one.

patrickrebstock:
@cornflakes are there going to be any improvements to the speed of saving to the sd card? like using a fast sdxc and saving much quicker?
there is going to be larger files with the new one and its already really slow on the current camera.
this is my number one concern in the waterhousing, i pre ordered the camera but need to know about saving.
everthing else looks good sensor size and brighter screen and more res

Nikon1:
Wow, that is really nice to see, that the Chronos is now finally going Full 1080p!
Now I am Kind of happy that i couldnīt afford a Chronos 1.4 yet, because if i bought one, i would propably not be able to buy an 2.1 anytime soon  ;)
Sensor Size is a bit big for my taste, 1" would have been Perfect for me, because of my lenses, but since it is an Highspeed-Camera, i could still do something around 720p @ 1500fps and still get something like an 1" Sensor size for my Lenses, that wont quite Cover 4/3".
But for anyone else 4/3" is propably a lot better, also it should improve Image quality allready because of that bigger Sensor and therefore much bigger Pixels on the Sensor itself.
AND it will still do 60fps continous (when it is supportet in software at some Point) at 1080p with CinemaDNG-Output on an 4/3" sensor and has Global Shutter. Thats quite something, and would work well even as an Production Camera for Real time Footage.
Also Like the 800 Base ISO! For a Camera like that, this is an actual Live-Saver! But for Real-Time-Filming with it, i am somewhat sure, that i will end up with an ND-Filter on my lens quite often (Which is not a bad thing to be clear).
The Reel is pretty good. This one has some very good Footage on it, and the Production Level improoved a lot since the first Demo-Videos from the 1.4 Chronos.
Even if 5k seems a lot of money, this is actually a very good price for that camera! Looking Forward to get one if possible.
#EDIT#: Also, i hope you guys from Chrontech will come far with your Project right here! Love what you are doing here, listening to what people want and sell Products at realistic prices, one could afford!
#EDIT2#: I hope that Underwater- Chronos 1.4 was either an Showpice without internals or was defective in some way, otherwise, that would be somewhat sad...
...OR You guys are Developing some kind of Underwater-Slowmo-Cam here and this is Leaked Footage from testing.  :)

Nikon1:
Just watched that 2.1-Demo-Reel again and noticed, just HOW good the Colors (and Dynamic Range) look.
Either someone with great Skills who knows his Buissnes well did the Grading or the 2.1 is just THAT good...?
Colorwise the best thing i ever saw out of all the Chronos Footage around.
Seems like you Krontech guys now got your Color Science on spot right!
If you keep improofing at that speed you will be able to take on Arri in a few years  ;D

Buddlich:
Chronos full HD... David, I love you for this one!!!! :'D

I'm realy fighting with myself If I should just buy one right now... Only the 19% tax for the import to Germany is such a pain in the a... That fact is the only thing holding me back ordering one right now (that would be around 1000€ for nothing >.< ...)

If you would just open a store in the EU ... That would be awesome. :'D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version