Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Influence of Sensor Temperature on Image Quality - Vertical Lines /Dynamic Range

<< < (2/2)

Bian:
What i mean is, that there is not enough light, the aperture has to be completely opened (for example f2.8) and despite the open aperture, the maximum signal level is too low (<0,7V)

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: Bian on February 05, 2021, 02:34:02 AM ---What i mean is, that there is not enough light, the aperture has to be completely opened (for example f2. 8) and despite the open aperture, the maximum signal level is too low (<0,7V)

--- End quote ---
Well, Blue Chanel is Allready Clipping on most parts of the Frame on the First one, Red and Green are Close to, and on the Second one, All Three Chanels are Clipping on some Pixels, so exposing any brighter than that, and it would just be Solid White Pixels on the Bright parts of the Frame. So, i dont see how to go much brighter without completely destroying the image by Overexposing it? I originally tried f/5.6 but that seemed actually too dark, went with f/4 and put the Lights down to 85%. Also tried f/2.8, but that was way too bright. f/2 or beyond wouldnt have left much of the Image.... 
 I sure can and Propably will test completely overexposing eventually, but wasnt trying to do that here, as explained above, this was more about trying to minimize noise on an Well Exposed Frame to perfection, and pushing the Dynamic Range with tricky Lighting to see how the Sensor Handles that (in still close to ideal Conditions) at different Temperatures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version