Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

I am a professional colorist & would like to try improving your raw footage

<< < (9/12) > >>

Nikon1:
Stoped down it looks quite ok for what it is. But i still think lot of people would use it close to wide open or even completely wide open. Because why buy a f/1.2, if you dont want to use it...? And if you are having it and need more Light, well, think of the rest yourself....
Still think the Pentax has an higher T-Stop (basicaly Light Transmission through the Lens) at the same 6.3 f-Stop, since the resulting image looks brighter. or the Computar is not too exact on those F-Stop values, also possible. I would trust the Pentax-Lens more on those Stops to be accurate.

aaronkondziela:
Anyone who wants the DNGs and etc:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1udpw4u6zs3sgeq/AADhYb-k_7OORKui9Q94CkLDa?dl=0

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: aaronkondziela on September 06, 2018, 01:59:35 PM ---Anyone who wants the DNGs and etc:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1udpw4u6zs3sgeq/AADhYb-k_7OORKui9Q94CkLDa?dl=0

--- End quote ---
Thank you for uploading those, but i will not download them because of my ridiculous Slow Internet connection here. Just for Downloading only the .7z-File from the computar DNGs would take me close to 7 hours... Not going to do that for now.
I dont know if Pritchboxer is still following this conversation here, but i would love to see what he could do to those Clips you shot. Especialy since you also included Those Color charts! I never used them, but i guess a professional like him could get a lot out of them.
Maybe, if i am somewhere where i have acces to faster Internet, and dont forget it, i will download it at some point. Until then, the YT-Video is good enough for me to get an idea of the Performance of these Lenses.
For my Part, i would be very happy, if you could do some additional test like Computar vs Pentax but this time, the Computar at 1.2 and maybe also at 1.8 or 2 and 2.8, But Leave the Pentax at 6.3, just to be save (I guess that lens would still have crazy good perfomance at f/4...).
Because i think this is much closer to how most people would use that Lens in Real Live and the Pentax as an proper point of Comparison. Since the Chronos full Sensor-Video is still smaller than 1080p HD, you should be able to fit three shots with the Computar at diferent appertures (starting Wide Open) and the Pentax in one 4K-Frame. Just like you did bevore. To get correct exposure for the Slow-Mo-Clips at those different appertures, you could adjust the shutterspeed/ Shutterangle, because i dont care at all about motion blur for that kind of test, as long as it does not make the image too unsharp. Shouldn´t be an issue anyways at those kinds of Framerates we are Talking about here, except if you have tons of extremely fast motion in frame. Just keep your Gain Low, and it should be fine.
If you could do that, it would be very nice!

aaronkondziela:
I pulled a couple individual DNGs out if you want to play with em.

Will do more lens tests if I get time this weekend and the weather cooperates...

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: aaronkondziela on September 07, 2018, 07:13:25 AM ---I pulled a couple individual DNGs out if you want to play with em.

Will do more lens tests if I get time this weekend and the weather cooperates...

--- End quote ---
Thanks a lot for the Single DNG Files. Downloaded Qucikly. Very impressive Images and way more Dynamic range in those files than i would have ever Expected. I Put them in Photoshop CS6 and played a bit with the Raw file and i am seriously impressed!
Seems like Pritchboxer realy has a point in his statement about the in-Camera color science and so on. I think there could be some things improoved. I guess someone like him Could pull Footage from the RAW which you couldnt tell was shot by the chronos in terms of color. In Fact i was able to get some nice and natural Colors from the RAW and im nowhere near a colorist. But for the Average Chronos-User i think it is quite tricky to get good looking colors from the camera, because not everyone will use RAW and the most of the users who use RAW propably dont have the skills of an professional Colorist...
So, a better in camera color science would be a good thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version