Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Chronos 2.1 Technical Details

<< < (2/2)

rnighting:
In the tear down video at 4:17 (https://youtube.com/watch?v=T4iBiVZlzns&t=4m17s) he says they actually took all the demo footage on the LUX8M, which is a higher resolution imager, though it also claims a 700,000+ max FPS, suggesting it has equal speed per line, just more pixels available. Total throughput seems to remain fixed, thus the reduced full frame rate FPS, but since they clearly have suggested they can simulate the LUX2100 expected performance with it, if light quantity isn't a problem (1/4 the pixel area of the 2100, so 4x more light needed for a given exposure time - this is the stuff they were talking about for noise in the footage), seems like it could be a good option for some.

Nikon1:
Damn!
if i understood that correctly, this LUX8M thing makes the Chronos basicaly an 4k 250fps Camera, that will for Lower resolution basicaly do the same thing like current 2.1 release just be a bit worse in Low Light?
Now i am getting excited here.
I am Asking since ages for that FullHD Chronos, and now, out of nowhere they not only developed one, but basicaly also built an 4k 250fps Cinema camera in the same go?
Still thinking, that it is the best thing for the company for now, to go with the 1080p Modell, since the 4k 250fps Sensor is propably more expensive and worse in Low Light?
Would really wonder, what pricing on that 4k one would be like. Specs and Performance- wise it basicaly is, what any more Professional video camera should have been like since a long time. Just no one of the bigger Companys out there ever cared to build such a thing. If this 4K chronos will hit the market at some point, i think they will sell like crazy if it is priced well, like the 2.1 and 1.4.
#EDIT#: Always wondered why you guys at Krontech where so extremely busy, now i know why  :)

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: rnighting on April 06, 2019, 06:11:07 PM ---I suspect you're righ - that the sensor has a fixed readout stage of the full sensor width that it's the bottleneck for the max frame rate, especially since "700,000+" max rate is conveniently ~8x the 8 line speed - but since I don't have access to the full data sheet, I can only speculate and ask for confirmation.

--- End quote ---
Well, you built yourself an Line-Scan Camera then  ;D
A very fast one.

1022mm:
I'm assuming that since the 2.1's 720p max is still 1,500fps (the same as the 1.4) that the camera must be reading out the full width of the sensor and then cropping it?   Does this mean you could capture 1920x720 at 1,500fps if you wanted (and crop to a 16x9 frame in post)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version