Chronos > Software Dev

Updating the UI: Play & Save Edition

<< < (2/2)

patrickrebstock:
looks good

jasonfish:

--- Quote from: DDR on February 27, 2018, 07:25:13 PM ---I was figuring that whatever you caught the video of would move through the middle frame

--- End quote ---

My shots have been mostly of objects near the center of the frame. But yeah, for shots with an object moving across the frame, this could be useful.

Electra:
You could always average a stripe of pixels from the center and make it into a single colour.
That way any activity near the center of shot will change the 'preview's colour.  I can't imagine too many events that wouldn't change at least colour or brightness.
I actually think it would be less useful for handheld footage compared to tripod where you'd get 'static-background' for most then 'orangeandredexplosion' then back to 'new-static-background'.
This is another feature that might be worth taking some footage, some python and making up some 'real' bars to see the effect rather than pure mockups before depending on this feature being in the camera. :)

aaronkondziela:
Another random thought on the frame preview strip:

Perhaps a histogram-type display that indicates the variance in the frame. Base it from the first frame, or a moving average behind current. Overlay on the averaged strip, as a line chart.

Half-baked, just tossing it out there =)

DDR:
Oo, that does sound really cool. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version