Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

transfer video to computer via code

<< < (2/10) > >>

SamL:
Hi David,
I'm interested in the script. Could you please send me a copy?
thx.

SamL:

--- Quote from: tesla500 on March 28, 2018, 08:31:00 PM ---Hi Stephan,

We currently are working on full Etherent remote control, but there are some limited functions you can do remotely right now. With the v0.2.5 beta software, you can set the camera to automatically save after a trigger. This will get a file onto a local storage device like an SD card. Then, with the camera connected via USB (behaves as a USB to Ethernet bridge), you can then run a script we have that will monitor the card for new files. When it finds one, the file is SCP'd over network to the PC and then deleted from the SD card.

Would this be of interest?

David

--- End quote ---

HI David,

Can you send the script to test? thx.

Loial:
Here's the script as it stands. It requires a few libraries and needs to be run on a computer connected to the camera via USB.

The libraries it needs are: plumbum, parimoko

EDIT: This is now obsolete, use the script attached to the 2nd post in this thread.

yliu:
Hi David,
    I am wondering if there is any additional setup I should perform to successfully connect to the camera via USB. I got the following error when trying to run the script. I am able to ping the IP (192.168.12.21 in my case). I am using software 0.3.0-RC1. The camera is Chronos 1.4, Moochrome, 32 GB.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated!

--- Code: ---Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda2\lib\site-packages\IPython\core\interactiveshell.py", line 2878, in run_code
    exec(code_obj, self.user_global_ns, self.user_ns)
  File "<ipython-input-2-f07cba69afd6>", line 1, in <module>
    runfile('C:/Users/PG_silver/Downloads/get_latest_video.py', wdir='C:/Users/PG_silver/Downloads')
  File "C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PyCharm Community Edition 2018.1.4\helpers\pydev\_pydev_bundle\pydev_umd.py", line 194, in runfile
    pydev_imports.execfile(filename, global_vars, local_vars)  # execute the script
  File "C:/Users/PG_silver/Downloads/get_latest_video.py", line 7, in <module>
    cam = ParamikoMachine(host=host, user='root', password='')
  File "C:\Users\PG_silver\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\plumbum\machines\paramiko_machine.py", line 245, in __init__
    self._client.connect(host, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\PG_silver\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\paramiko\client.py", line 357, in connect
    raise NoValidConnectionsError(errors)
NoValidConnectionsError: [Errno None] Unable to connect to port 22 on 192.168.12.21
--- End code ---

--- Quote from: Loial on July 31, 2018, 07:35:44 PM ---Here's the script as it stands. It requires a few libraries and needs to be run on a computer connected to the camera via USB.

The libraries it needs are: plumbum, parimoko

--- End quote ---

NiNeff:
The error basically means the connection to the camera failed on port 22.

Can you try to use ssh to connect to the camera? PuTTY is a great windows tool for that. Or use BASH directly if you're on windows 10.
From there on troubleshooting is much easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version