Chronos > Software Dev

"Missing" the out point when saving.

<< < (3/3)

Electra:
In a previous post:  http://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=26.msg164#msg164
Tesla_500: "The SD interface is limited to 48MHz @ 4-bit, so cards above 24MB/s are of no benefit. I've had good luck with normal class 10 cards (10MB/s). Higher speeds may be beneficial later when RAW saving is available, but there doesn't appear to be any benefit for compressed saving, except maybe if you turn the bitrate up very high."

So I made sure I got 40Mb/s + cards. (The common speed up from that point).

What I'm /really/ curious about when it comes to writing out raw data.. Is this RJ45 connector on the side that has some kind of high speed twisted pair interface that can handle rather a lot of data? :)  (Or even the esata interface in a pinch) Maybe directly off the sensor, trade off resolution/fps for external storage? :)   1000fps,  800x600(or lower).. But writing directly to disk, rather than the RAM buffer? :)
But that is just me dreaming for now.

Edit: I've said it to David and I'll say it here. It's very nice knowing /why/ each limitation exists.  In this case, it's 'because the interface maxes out at that  speed'. Not 'Oh, we thought you'd buy the next version if we capped it there'.  That it's a hardware limitation, not a software one. Makes each one, while sometimes frustrating, understandable.

oakwhiz:

--- Quote from: Electra on September 08, 2017, 02:21:33 AM ---In a previous post:  http://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=26.msg164#msg164
Tesla_500: "The SD interface is limited to 48MHz @ 4-bit, so cards above 24MB/s are of no benefit. I've had good luck with normal class 10 cards (10MB/s). Higher speeds may be beneficial later when RAW saving is available, but there doesn't appear to be any benefit for compressed saving, except maybe if you turn the bitrate up very high."

So I made sure I got 40Mb/s + cards. (The common speed up from that point).

What I'm /really/ curious about when it comes to writing out raw data.. Is this RJ45 connector on the side that has some kind of high speed twisted pair interface that can handle rather a lot of data? :)  (Or even the esata interface in a pinch) Maybe directly off the sensor, trade off resolution/fps for external storage? :)   1000fps,  800x600(or lower).. But writing directly to disk, rather than the RAM buffer? :)
But that is just me dreaming for now.

--- End quote ---

I forgot about the speed limitation on the SD interface. I'd hazard a guess that the eSATA interface would be the fastest way to exfiltrate data from the camera, since it runs at 3 Gbps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version