Chronos > Software Dev

Problems updating

<< < (2/3) > >>

tesla500:
It seems the USB device is not being recognized. You must use the full size USB port (eSATA/USB combo port). Go to the Playback screen, then to Settings, this screen has a list of storage devices that will show any valid drives that are attached. It updates every few seconds, so give it some time after plugging in the drive. If your drive is not showing up in this list, something is wrong. Have you tried other USB drives from different manufacturers?

The camera does not currently work with exFAT, you need to use FAT32 formatting.

David

Camoit:
David.

The usb does show up in the playback. But to able to see the settings screen in playback i first need to record footage before it will un-gray the button.
But still no joy in preforming a backup or update. Just error.

One other strange thing I came across
After recording a clip. If i go to record over it again and not save it. I get the screen asking if I want to delete it.
I tap the yes button and it just sits there stuck on that screen. Nothing happens yes or no does nothing. Some times it will work but for the most part a hard boot must be preformed.

gyppor:

--- Quote from: Camoit on November 16, 2017, 10:00:01 PM ---eSATA is also a no go. Just get an error even when just trying to back up the config files.
Does the camera also see eFAT format?????

--- End quote ---

I had to try a couple of USB sticks when I was trying to back up my calibration before applying the update. It would just say "backup failed" or something to that effect.
In the end the one that worked was a cheapo usb stick, something my wife had gotten for free from a conference with the schedule on it. Disposable-grade. But it worked!

Have you tried a different USB key?

tesla500:

--- Quote from: Camoit on November 17, 2017, 08:34:14 AM ---David.

The usb does show up in the playback. But to able to see the settings screen in playback i first need to record footage before it will un-gray the button.
But still no joy in preforming a backup or update. Just error.

One other strange thing I came across
After recording a clip. If i go to record over it again and not save it. I get the screen asking if I want to delete it.
I tap the yes button and it just sits there stuck on that screen. Nothing happens yes or no does nothing. Some times it will work but for the most part a hard boot must be preformed.

--- End quote ---

If the USB shows up in Playback the drive is working. Could you show what's on the root directory of the flash drive? You need to extract the update zip, this should result in a camUpdate folder on the root of the drive.

David

Camoit:
David.
I have extracted the files. I have tried just the files them self and to have them in the upload file. I'll try other usb drives. I might be because that is a 64 gig drive and FAT is only good for 32. Even though the format tool I have seems to work. I'll let you know ASAP.
Marty

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version