Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Focusing Troubles

<< < (2/2)

wilheldp:
https://youtu.be/CgfhEjWu2As

Here are some shots I took yesterday at various frame rates.  Black Cal has been done on most of those resolutions, and I did a White Balance correction before shooting.

John Delonghi:
Difficult to say with that subject matter. You other videos look OK apart from the red colour cast.

Camoit:
You can always print out a focus target and set the back focus. Mine was off just a touch. Bu that is something I have always checked since I do a lot of CCTV camera set up. They always need to be set since the old cameras did not have a lens.

Johnny:
Have you tried adjusting backfocus in the camera?
I had to do it for my camera because I have different lenses.

wilheldp:

--- Quote from: Johnny on October 07, 2017, 03:19:21 AM ---Have you tried adjusting backfocus in the camera?
I had to do it for my camera because I have different lenses.

--- End quote ---

Yes...the backfocus ring was loose when my camera arrived (C-CS mount came completely off when I tried to remove the dust cap).  When I finally figured out what I had done, I followed the backfocus adjustment procedure in the instruction manual. 

I think some of what I'm seeing is softness, and I think some of it might be my inexperience with working with video lenses.  DSLRs with auto-focus lenses have spoiled me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version