Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

FFPMEG: Fastest conversion of DNG to MP4

<< < (2/3) > >>

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: clkdiv on November 08, 2020, 02:08:24 PM ---Yes, that's true. I have a NVIDIA Quattro 4000 installed, and both Adobe Bridge and Lightroom Classic CC cannot use the GPU for Image processing but only for image displaying.

I'll check if I need a new graphics card. However, AE ist not that good for automated processing. AERENDER is too clumsy, imho.

--- End quote ---
Have you tried Premiere Pro CC?

clkdiv:
Premiere cannot be automated at all. No way.

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: clkdiv on November 08, 2020, 02:08:24 PM ---Yes, that's true. I have a NVIDIA Quattro 4000 installed, and both Adobe Bridge and Lightroom Classic CC cannot use the GPU for Image processing but only for image displaying.

I'll check if I need a new graphics card. However, AE ist not that good for automated processing. AERENDER is too clumsy, imho.

--- End quote ---
Also i dont work with Resolve, but that could be quite a bit faster than AE and the Other Adobe stuff for this. Havent really worked with Resolve, since i just like AE better, but there are quite a few people even here on the Forum, that prefer Resolve, so maybe one of the Resolve-Users can share some Rendertimes for DNG?
 Also, depending on whatever CPU you are running, it might make sense to upgrade that first. I would go for a CPU with a fairly high Clockspeed and Single-Core-Performance, since even today not all software can make best use of a lot of cores/threads on an CPU, so having a bunch of fast ones is most of the time better for editing than Having a ton of rather slow ones (for most software). Just looked up the Quattro 4000, and it actually seems a bit old, but i would reccomend to look up the Support for GPU accelrated DNG-Conversion /-Processing (also support for the Particular GPU you think about upgrading to...) bevore blowing a load of money into an expensive GPU, for the Adobe Software stuff it might not be worth it for just DNG, since it might not even make it any faster, CPU Upgrade might be better here. For software that can actually make good use of a powerfull GPU for this, its propably worth to upgrade the GPU, as long as the rest of the System can keep up with it (Memory speed and Bandwith, both RAM and HDD/SSD, CPU, ect.)

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: clkdiv on November 08, 2020, 02:28:32 PM ---Premiere cannot be automated at all. No way.

--- End quote ---
Ok, just tried, and you are actually correct about that. I am a bit surprised.
 Have not used Premiere too much in the Past, but knew it could import PNG and other Image Sequences, and assumed it would be able to Deal with DNG also, but it actually cant open DNG at all...
 Premiere Should be able to Use GPU better for rendering faster in General, but that is indeed worthless, if it cant even open DNG...

clkdiv:
Premiere not only cannot import DNG, it also cannot be automated. However, for the moment I'll stick to FFMPEG, that CAN make use of the GPU. It's weird that Adobe can't do that, since it is proven it is possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version