Chronos > Software Dev

Updating the UI: Record Settings Edition

<< < (3/6) > >>

DDR:
I like that idea. We could add a saved preset to the list of presets at the top, and then have little ✕s to remove the custom presets. I don't think you'd need much more than that, and it would be a nice feature to have.  :)

Internally here, we've had some discussion about adding some sort of camera-wide presets. You'd set them from the app that we're going to make. They'd essentially save/restore *all* the settings on the camera, though, which isn't quite what we want here. I think that's going to come after we release the new style UI, so I think it would be a good idea for me to have a look at adding custom presets then. Internally, we've got 0.4 coming up, and then 0.5 will have the new-style UI, and 0.6 will probably be when we address saving/loading custom settings.

jasonfish:

--- Quote from: DDR on February 26, 2018, 04:25:15 PM ---Like this?

--- End quote ---

You could get rid of the "Presets" label completely, and stretch the dropdown to fit. The visual alignment might be more pleasing.

DDR:
Hm, yeah, that actually works pretty nicely when I try it out properly.

I made a second version because I didn't want to loose the label. I suspect that, if I put my ego aside, it could indeed be lost. I like the first version a bit more, graphically. :)

jasonfish:
I can't decide. You pick. :)

But here's a wrench in the works: When changing any of parameters, there'll be a disconnect between what's "selected" as a preset, and what's shown below.

When one alters any of the values, should the presets dropdown "gray out" or otherwise indicate that "what's in this box is no longer accurate, please refer to the individual boxes below"?

Johnny:
First version looks a bit better because the text doesn't end up being so much of a visual clutter.
I like how clear it is when all the text is on the left side. Makes it easier to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version