Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Let's talk LENSES!

<< < (8/8)

Nikon1:
Quick update about Lenses for the 2.1, since everything here was only Relevant, bevore the 2.1 came out...:
The 2.1 has an bigger Sensor, that means, if you want to use The Full Resolution, you need different Lenses than for the 1.4!
If you want to know, if some C-Mount Lens you found on E-Bay or something like that will fit the 2.1 just do a bit of Research on the Web, some Years ago there was the Whole big Micro four Third-Camera Hype. Especialy the Panasonic GH Line of Cameras made Adapting such Lenses very Popular (and Sadly also rare and Expensive in the same turn...). But that also means, that now there is a lot of information about those Lenses, and if they will cover/ Fit an MFT-Sensor Camera (which the 2.1 Chronos basicaly is....). So, if the Lens will Produce an usable image on an Panasonic or similar Camera, it will do just the same thing on the 2.1.
For Adapting, it is actually quite a bit more Straight forward (for C- and CS- Mount Lenses at Least...) than on those Mirorless Cameras, cause you can mount directly to the Screw-Mount on the Chronos, and dont need to use an Adapter, which will be in the Way for some Lenses.

Nikon1:
The 1.4 has an Smaller Sensor than the 2.1.
For Compatible Manual Lenses, especialy C-Mount just search the web like i just said about the 2.1 but look for Lenses For the BMPCC from Blackmagic (BlackMagicPocketCinemaCamera), digital Bolex and Nikon1-Cameras.
If you find Information somewhere that the Lens, you are Looking for will fit/ Cover those Cameras, it will sure Fit on the 1.4
Hope that helps a bit with all the Confusion about Lenses with the new 2.1

marcus:

--- Quote from: Nikon1 on December 22, 2019, 01:07:01 AM ---The 1.4 has an Smaller Sensor than the 2.1.
For Compatible Manual Lenses, especialy C-Mount just search the web like i just said about the 2.1 but look for Lenses For the BMPCC from Blackmagic (BlackMagicPocketCinemaCamera), digital Bolex and Nikon1-Cameras.
If you find Information somewhere that the Lens, you are Looking for will fit/ Cover those Cameras, it will sure Fit on the 1.4
Hope that helps a bit with all the Confusion about Lenses with the new 2.1

--- End quote ---

Hey Nikon I sent you a DM, hope you don't mind.

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: marcus on December 25, 2019, 12:05:42 AM ---Hey Nikon I sent you a DM, hope you don't mind.

--- End quote ---
DM Answered.

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: Nikon1 on December 22, 2019, 01:07:01 AM ---Hope that helps a bit with all the Confusion about Lenses with the new 2.1

--- End quote ---
I got around to do an quite detailed Post about Lenses and stuff here, For anyone interrested:
http://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=510.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version