Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Improoving Cooling on the 2.1 Sensor /Experimental

(1/8) > >>

Nikon1:
Has anyone yet messed around with the Cooling solution on the Sensor? 1.4 or 2.1?
 I am currently thinking about Replacing the Stock Aluminum Sensor Heatsink with Copper on my 2.1, which should allow for noticeable better Cooling performance on the Sensor itself.
 Would be interresting to see if that would help with noise.
 Allready took all the needed Measurements for the Heatsink block today, and also managed to get some 30x10 Copper Bar Stock.
 So, anyone got any ideas about this whole thing? Things to test to figure out performance differences or details to keep in mind for a project like this?
 If anyone from the Krontech team, who has access to the Blueprints and actuall Measurements could confirm if my measurements are about correct, would be also very nice.

CS223:
Peltier module coupled to the heat sink  8) ?

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: CS223 on November 05, 2020, 01:34:22 PM ---Peltier module coupled to the heat sink  8) ?

--- End quote ---
Also had that idea, but there isnt really space for that, sadly.Backside of the Heatsink will cool the Main processor, front side of the Heatsink block will cool the Sensor (the 9x12,5mm Surface and the Pad), so there is 4mm of space in between there, and Heat coming from both sides, so peltier wouldnt really work. Best thing you could do is propably Heatpipes and attatch some more beefy cooling solution elsewhere, somewhere where more space is inside there. But Heatpipes are quite a bit of effort, and i never messed around with custom heatpipe Cooling untill now. Copper i can do...
 Also allready thought about Making it better and adding More surface area to have contact with the Moving air or even Water cooling, but that will add a ton of work...

Nikon1:
on this flange focal distance drawing you can see a cross-Section of the Heatsink, its just in between the Circut boards there. There isnt really that much space, sadly...
 https://www.krontech.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Flange-Focal-Distance-Chronos-2.1-HD.pdf

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: CS223 on November 05, 2020, 01:34:22 PM ---Peltier module coupled to the heat sink  8) ?

--- End quote ---
Had to think about this a bunch more, and think, Watercooling would propably be the easiest and most effective way to go beyond the Current, basically Passive Sensor Cooling.
 Tricky bit is to get some very tiny tubes in there. Also pretty scary to have water runing around inside the Camera, but i guess no risk, no fun. Idea is to basically just drill a 2mm hole across the short side of the 4mm "base" of the Cooler and Solder on some 4x2mm Copper or Brass tube, and run water through there. with an 2mm Inside Diameter, there wont be that much volume of water moving trough anyways, unless you put a lot of pressure, so i would go with nice Cool water straight from the Tap, should give about the best cooling performance i can think of right now without a ton of effort or actually Hardcore Modding The Chronos, which i am not willing to do. This kind of cooler can still be swapped back to the Stock one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version