Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Improoving Cooling on the 2.1 Sensor /Experimental

<< < (8/8)

Nikon1:
Ok, Epic Fail.
 The 2.1 finally running with a Peltier on the Sensor and a Air-Cooler mounted to it, to cool the whole thing.
 However, the added Thermal Load from the Peltier is actually that high, that the Largest Air-Cooler i could Physically fit inside there is not Able to dissipate all that Heat, even with Forced Ventilation from a High Static Pressure Server Fan directly to the Cooler.
 Put a lot of work into this, hoping to get it working without using Heatpipes, but seems i have to come up with an even more Powerful Thermal Solution to finally get to effectively cool the Sensor.
 This just is not working and just produces much more heat overall, causing the Temperatures to run away.
 Stopped Testing when it was raising over 79°C, as i finally got an Answer from Krontech saying, that 80°C is the Max. Operating Temperature of the Sensor and Processor. When reached, it will Force the internal Fan to 100% Power for 10 Seconds, and if 80°C is held for 10 Seconds it will Shut itself off for safety.
 Hoping to post Updates on this soon, but this whole Experimental Cooling Concept now needs a Major Rework to have realistic Chances to actually work after these First Test Results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version