Chronos > Software Dev

AHD demosaic beta update - Much better sharpness for in-camera h264 saving

<< < (2/8) > >>

JamesB:

--- Quote from: jasonfish on August 03, 2018, 09:37:22 PM ---Did you happen to do any comparisons before and after the patch?

--- End quote ---
No, but shot a lot with the regular h.264. I had no available time to apply the update at separate locations.  There is a big difference in quality for the demosaic now.  Before it was dancing moire and aliasing everywhere fine detail was observed, now it is about 70% of what the RAW offers.  I will still shoot RAW for maximum quality where I need it but for just playing around the h.264 would do well. 

WHen direct DNG saving is ready it will also save the conversion step which is kind of a pain.   Maybe the DNG could be compressed to save space also.  Right now a typical session in RAW with the camera is about 30GB worth of data. Where it could really be 3GB if it was JPG like.    I wouldn't be opposed to a JPG saving feature either as long as the conversion is adequate.

patrickrebstock:
i am having a problem with install
im on version 3 firmware
i can back up calibration data but then it says no software update found, tried ejecting and repluging lots of times
any ideas?

nik282000:
Are you using the same usb stick that you had for previous updates? I have found that only out of the pile I own will work for updates even though they all work for backing up callibration and saving video.

patrickrebstock:

--- Quote from: nik282000 on August 17, 2018, 06:40:41 PM ---Are you using the same usb stick that you had for previous updates? I have found that only out of the pile I own will work for updates even though they all work for backing up callibration and saving video.

--- End quote ---
ill try another i think its same one

patrickrebstock:
just tried three diffrent ones with no sucess,
i have used one of these to do my updates in the past
do you guys just put the extracted folder on the usb stick? camupdate folder?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version