Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Create light for high-speed shooting 1500w

<< < (3/6) > >>

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: SergeyKashin on January 14, 2021, 05:31:02 PM ---For adjustment, I will look for pwm, at the moment I found only 1000 watts of power, but I need it to be able to adjust 2000 watts. Also a very important indicator is the refresh rate (Khz) it should be 150 and higher. Therefore, a conventional potentiometer will not work, you need a complete integrated circuit for power adjustment

--- End quote ---

This still kept me thinking. What about using a PWM unit for one of the Strings (power of a single Section of the Big Chip would be 250W), a 1000W or even smaller one should easily be able to handle that, and then just use simple mechanical Switches to Switch the other five strings of the Chip on, if more power is needed. This way you can have 0 - 250W Adjustable Power and then add Power in steps of 250W to make a fully dimmable 1500W LED basically.

SergeyKashin:
I want to find 1 ready-made pwm, but I don't have the experience and necessary knowledge to collect it myself

Nikon1:
Are you aware, that this Big 1500W LED Chip is basically 6 seperate LED Modules built into a single Unit? thus you only need one of those to be controlled by PWM, meaning you can use a way smaller one. So Brightness adjustment would be like switching on between 0 and 5 of the Other Parts of the LED and then setting the Brightness fine-Adjustment by the PWM for the Remaining one. Needs one ready to buy PWM and just usual Switches, like A Mechanical Power button.

SergeyKashin:
I asked radio amateurs about a single potentiometer for controlling multiple PWMs at once, they said that this can not be done. This here most likely will have to put some kind of gearbox to control 6 pieces at once

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: SergeyKashin on January 15, 2021, 07:12:25 AM ---I asked radio amateurs about a single potentiometer for controlling multiple PWMs at once, they said that this can not be done. This here most likely will have to put some kind of gearbox to control 6 pieces at once

--- End quote ---

Well, i am an Radio Amateur myself, and this can be done multiple ways. first off, there are Stacked Potentiometers. i am pretty sure i seen more than 3 Stacked, but they seem to be very hard to find these days and very expensive as they are considered Audiophile Parts apparently... Best thing i can find right now:
 https://www.banzaimusic.com/MEC-M-87115-Stacked-Pot.html
 Then there is this style of Potentiometer, which when soldered onto an PCB in a Stack behind each other can be connected easily with some Kind of Rod (maybe needs some drilling in the Middle and some Glue, but you will get it working).
 https://www.conrad.de/de/p/piher-pt-15-nh-10k-trimmer-linear-0-25-w-10-k-270-1-st-431893.html
 And then there is also Linear Style Potentiometers, which can also be connected VERY easily with just mounting them Next to each other and Connecting the Lever thing on top across all of those you want to connect.
 https://www.conrad.de/de/o/schiebepotentiometer-0241780.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version