Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

1.4 Boot problem

(1/5) > >>

John Delonghi:
I have two 1.4 cameras here and one is very unreliable at booting up. This only started happening as I went to use it again after a long period of being stored away.

Maybe 1 time in 10 it will turn on, the rest of the time the fan comes in initially, the display flashes a couple of times then the menu appears for a few seconds and it powers off.

The other one also behaves in the same way periodically but it's nowhere near as bad as the other.

What can be going wrong and what can I check?
Both are on the latest firmware. Batteries are OK.

CS223:
Did you try a hard power down? I had the same thing happen when I updated the firmware. Power down holding the button for 4 seconds or longer then power up.

tesla500:
Does the power LED flash red just before the camera turns itself off? This indicates the PMIC watchdog thinks the main CPU has crashed, and is about to power it down. You might try reflashing the OS card with the latest software, as seen here

ExperimentalPerception:
My 1.4 does the same thing. I have to boot it 2-3 times before it will bring up the on screen menu. I have not upgraded to the new OS yet.

John Delonghi:

--- Quote from: tesla500 on May 12, 2020, 01:30:08 PM ---Does the power LED flash red just before the camera turns itself off? This indicates the PMIC watchdog thinks the main CPU has crashed, and is about to power it down. You might try reflashing the OS card with the latest software, as seen here

--- End quote ---

Yes the LED was flashing at some point before powering itself off, but I've come back to it this morning and now it's booting up fine!

Odd behaviour.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version