Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Speed booster St Chronos 2.1

(1/3) > >>

clkdiv:
Hello nice people, now that I understood what a speed booster is, I want to find out how to adapt such to a Chronos 2.1. I have a C-Mount to Canon EF adapter and want to attach my EF Sigma 24 1.8 Full frame lens. What do I have to do? I suppose I need a c-mount speed booster? I can't find such.

Thanks a lot! Martin

Nikon1:
Hi there, There are no Speedboosters for C-Mount, since its a too small Mount to really do that propperly.
If you want to use any kind of Speedbooster on an Chonos Camera (2.1 or 1.4 is the Same for this), you need to either get an interchangeable mount for the Chronos Camera (to use it with an standard MFT to Canon Speedbooster), or get an Flange Mount for the Speedbooster.
 There are some People on the Forum which can build or Modify speedboosters or build adapters for the chronos including me. The Krontech team announced some time ago, that they want to offer MFT-Mounts for their Chronos Cameras at some point in their shop, but i asked them about this recently, and they still dont have any for sale. So you really need to get something custom build if you want to use an Speedbooster on the Chronos.
 I dont know where you are from, but if you are from Europa or Germany, i can make you a Mount (I wont ship to America, Asia or Russia) or give you instructions how to modify it yourself or get some local Shop to do it for you. Its not that hard to do, just needs a ton of care and some Metallworking tools and skills (Lathe or Mill and a indexing table will do, if you know how to, you could propably even get away with only using a Lathe and a Drill Press...)

SergeyKashin:
Wouldn't adapters of this type fit to use Canon lenses?
https://aliexpress.ru/item/32999499169.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.41953c00OxAly4&mp=1

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: SergeyKashin on May 21, 2020, 08:29:22 PM ---Wouldn't adapters of this type fit to use Canon lenses?
https://aliexpress.ru/item/32999499169.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.41953c00OxAly4&mp=1

--- End quote ---
Sure those will fit and work, but he wants a Speedbooster. The one you linked is a "dumb" adapter which just mechanically allows you to mount canon lenses to the Chronos via C-Mount. A speedbooster will give you a lot more Light from The Same Lens, make your image Wider (Especially good for Wide Angle Shots) and Sharper. Having a Speedbooster vs. a "normal" Dumb adapter is a completely different story. Havent seen anything like a Speedbooster for Chronos for sale offically anywhere, if you know a place where one could buy one, let me know, because i see this Question a lot. For me its not a big deal, since i can just make any adapter Myself, but for other people it can be a bit tricky to get a speedbooster mounted on the Chronos cameras right now...

Nikon1:
Here is the "Speed Booster White Paper" from Metabones themselfs.
The guy that does their optics owns the Patent for a lot of the Speedbooster designs and basically invented them as far as i know. That PDF is one of the Best explainations, of what a Speedbooster is and does, as far as i am aware, hope this will explain the Difference between a "Dumb" adapter and a speedbooster a bit better:
 https://www.metabones.com/assets/a/stories/Speed%20Booster%20White%20Paper.pdf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version