Chronos > Software Dev

Initial feedback

<< < (2/4) > >>

Critters:
Thanks for the reply David, I had a play around with the UI and had this idea:

Battery indicator top left, tapping could toggle showing voltage, not sure if that is useful to the end user or was a debug thing?
Resolution/FPS top middle
Option to edit the record settings is accessed via tapping the resolution text or button to the right of it
A new "general settings" button top right
Three programmable function buttons
Start recording
Slider for shutter

Pressing general settings opens a settings page that lets you tab between settings/trigger/util

From the settings page you can align the HUD left or right
Edit the focus peaking, toggle zoom, toggle zebras, start black cal, start white balance or manual white balance
Next to each toggle are radio buttons that let you assign that toggle to one of the 3 function buttons. You can see I have focus zoom, black cal and white balance set to f1, f2 and f3

Max:
Cheers on drawing the UI, I quite like how you styled the buttons and functions.

I do agree it would look alot nicer with the buttons having a more crisp box around them.

Cheers,
Max

nik282000:
I wanted to start by saying thank you, your camera is awesome! Better than the commercial system I have played with in the past as well as my old Casio.

I agree with most of the suggestions above and so won't repeat them. The one thing I think would be helpful to all user is an exposure histogram. I have been exposing as bright as possible then lowering untill there is no clipping but a histogram would make proper exposure a lot easier.

Other than that I had some jumpy footage but like your guide said it is likely related to my SD card and having bitrate set too high.

Thanks again!

BiduleOhm:
Hi,

I didn't received the camera yet but just wanted to say it would be even better to have color histograms (see why here: http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/yrgb.htm)

Camoit:
No camera yet it's still sitting in Dave's garage.. BUT.... David does listen. Thanks for taking the suggestion and putting up a forum board. This will make things better so people can work out the problems they find with others and let you do other things besides tech support. It will come in handy.
Just 1 suggestion though. You should have it by invite only to avoid all the non owners that will start trolling at some point. Luckily for me the board I own and operate I have good mods to keep things inline.
Marty

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version