Chronos > Software Dev

Software V0.3 Beta - Updated May 3 2018

<< < (10/18) > >>

nik282000:
Installed the .5 update with no issues, last time it didn't seem to like my USB stick, this time everything worked on the first try. I have another 16gb of ram ready to install, hopefully I will be able to try it out later this week.

Thanks, David!

NoDak:
My Chronos has locked up while testing to see if the issues with .3 have been solved.

I was had my camera plugged in on my desk and I was having it simply auto save the whole buffer at the default 1,000 FPS. Once I saw it had finished I would hit record and save the whole buffer after enough time had passed for it to fill.

I left the camera running overnight, recording a few more buffers worth of video as I got ready for work. I leave the camera running during the day on my desk, then come home and start recording more.

After one such save, the camera gives me a grey screen. I try to record, but it fails. I go into the settings and I cannot change the resolutions. I go out to the main screen and the camera gives the "Shutting down" message, but locks up on this screen until I hard power it down.

The card is 64gb and saved video until it was 29.8gb filled of 59.4gb (Don't know if this is relevant.)

Camera works fine after the hard reset.

NoDak:
Splitting this up into another post since this is unrelated to the last issue.

When "Auto Save" is selected, pressing "Stop" on the touch screen causes the camera to begin auto saving. The problem is that there is no way, that I can see, to disarm the camera when auto save is enabled. You will have to let the camera start saving and then abort the save, which is both inconvenient and puts lots of files on the memory card you never wanted to put there in the first place.

Don't know what the best solution would be, but figured I should mention it.

nik282000:
I was playing with the segmented memory mode and I'm not sure if I am using it wrong, my trigger switch is bad or I have a legitimate bug.

-I set to Segmented mode with 3 segments
-Start recording
-Press the external trigger after the events I want to catch
-Stop recording after triggering 3 times

The recording I get is mix of short and long out of order clips, some times from all 3 segments in rapid succession, sometimes from different places inside one segment. The total length seems to be correct and everything that I wanted to record seems to be there but I am not 100% sure. I might try recording a stop watch to see if it gets everything.

My trigger is not the greatest mechanical switch, but the results are the same with de-bounce both enabled and disabled. If this is a 'layer 8' problem please let me know, otherwise 0.2.5 has been working well for me. I installed another 16gb of ram and the camera sees and uses the new memory.

Loial:

--- Quote from: NoDak on January 08, 2018, 07:03:34 PM ---Splitting this up into another post since this is unrelated to the last issue.

When "Auto Save" is selected, pressing "Stop" on the touch screen causes the camera to begin auto saving. The problem is that there is no way, that I can see, to disarm the camera when auto save is enabled. You will have to let the camera start saving and then abort the save, which is both inconvenient and puts lots of files on the memory card you never wanted to put there in the first place.

Don't know what the best solution would be, but figured I should mention it.

--- End quote ---

There's a rather undocumented method - If you go into any setting menu (io, recording, etc.) it'll give you a warning that it'll stop record and then it should go to the menu without saving.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version