Chronos > Software Dev

Software Roadmap - 0.3.1, 0.4.x, etc.

<< < (2/12) > >>

John Delonghi:
Thanks for the road map, very useful. When it comes to the "basic remote control", will that be via Ethernet and an app you will provide?

Will the initial implementation of that effectively allow us to use the Chronos 'tethered', so we can effectively start, stop, save, play clips and see the camera's live output remotely on a laptop?

JamesB:
That is an excellent run-down of upcoming releases.  The De-mosaic improvement in H.264 and HDMI out are things that will make the camera workflow improve greatly.   

One feature I would love to see implemented is having shutter speed (EXPOSURE) in 1/60 1/100 1/500 1/1000 1/XXX  instead of it being in Micro Seconds (us) as an option.  For camera operators, it would be a big deal to be able to match shutter speeds with other cameras without doing time-consuming conversions.    :-X 

DDR:

--- Quote from: John DeLonghi on August 01, 2018, 10:46:15 AM ---When it comes to the "basic remote control", will that be via Ethernet and an app you will provide?

Will the initial implementation of that effectively allow us to use the Chronos 'tethered', so we can effectively start, stop, save, play clips and see the camera's live output remotely on a laptop?

--- End quote ---

Yes. The initial version of the basic remote control will be via Ethernet. Visiting the camera's network address from a laptop or cellphone will bring up a basic web-based UI. It will support start/stop/save and live video display. It should support playback of saved files as well. You may make your own HTTP API calls as well if you want to write scripts to control the camera.

If we can find a wireless USB dongle for sale that is supported by Debian 7, then wireless remote control will work as well. We haven't found a compatible dongle yet, the ones which do work are no longer for sale. However, something may yet turn up.

--- Quote from: JamesB on August 01, 2018, 01:37:57 PM ---One feature I would love to see implemented is having shutter speed (EXPOSURE) in 1/60 1/100 1/500 1/1000 1/XXX instead of it being in Micro Seconds (us) as an option.

--- End quote ---

… That is an excellent suggestion. I've added it to the mockup for the new UI, so it should make it into 0.4.0.

DDR:
Small update - after about a month of work, we've got all our core requirements compiling for our hardware architecture. This vastly increases certainty that my last three months of work will actually... work. :D

Next step is to see if this can be copied to the camera and run. Will it pick up and use the Framebuffer?

NiNeff:

--- Quote from: DDR on August 01, 2018, 03:12:23 PM ---If we can find a wireless USB dongle for sale that is supported by Debian 7, then wireless remote control will work as well. We haven't found a compatible dongle yet, the ones which do work are no longer for sale. However, something may yet turn up.

--- End quote ---
You might look into the "Netgear N150 Wireless Adapter (WNA1100)" This one is reccomendend for the LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Brick. It should run on any more or less modern Distro.
I have this dongle and am willing to test with debian 7 on a laptop for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version