Chronos > Software Dev

Software Roadmap - 0.3.1, 0.4.x, etc.

<< < (7/12) > >>

edmond:
0.3.1 still not out……

ThomasYiPP:

--- Quote from: DDR on September 20, 2018, 04:22:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: edmond on September 18, 2018, 10:28:41 PM ---How is it the 0.3.1 version going? Gonna release it anytime soon?

--- End quote ---
Very soon. It's been in pre-release testing for a few days and nothing catastrophic has happened yet. We'll be able to release it today, with luck!

--- End quote ---
I guess something catastrophic happened... ;)

It's great to see the progress on 4.x, thanks for keeping us in the loop with the nice roadmap :)

DDR:

--- Quote from: edmond on September 24, 2018, 10:00:09 PM ---0.3.1 still not out……

--- End quote ---
There were... issues. 😒 In fact, there still are issues, but those will be fixed soon. Foobar's fixed a DNG import issue… as of 7 minutes ago now, we think. (It's still got to be tested though. From what I've heard around the office, it should be possible to imperfectly fix the DNG files recorded with the current beta. We haven't tried, though, so take this with a grain of salt.)

This sort of delay is why we try to avoid saying we'll do things. We're very wrong, very often, and it is never in the direction of "sooner". 😭

On that note, I myself am trying to get the jog wheel to work with *absolutely everything*. If I can get this working as I'd like, we'll be able to do stuff like use the camera with mittens on during cold weather.  I'm currently trying to figure out how to read from the FIFO file which reports jog wheel position, and then how to interpret that to a rotation, and how to get THAT into a reasonable event in the QT framework… and then I need to actually make the widgets behave correctly. It's a surprisingly long road, I've been at this particular task a few days now.

I miss the web. It would have been onscroll="whatever()" there. But of course, the web has other issues. 😜

NiNeff:

--- Quote from: DDR on September 27, 2018, 08:29:32 PM ---I miss the web. It would have been onscroll="whatever()" there. But of course, the web has other issues. 😜

--- End quote ---
That's why an increasingly high number of devices just use HTML/CSS/JS for their UI and slap a basic webengine on there to display it. not as fast as natively coded ui's but allso much less hassle and the same tech on all platforms.

Bernard Rousset:
Hello,

You are very efficient and it is very nice to see how the software is getting better and better. I have bought one black and white (in fact grey) camera for scientific purpose. I do not want to make pretty photos and at the end I use a threshold to obtain only two colors black and white to define particules I will track though the frames. One. Anyway at first I need raw data and one Of the issues is the number of frames inside one record and also the time to save it. I will be very pleased to check the raw cinepack option.
I also wonder if a recording and saving in 8 bits (corresponding to low light) could be an option in the future ?

Have a nice day (or night depending on which side of the sea you are...)
Bernard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version