Author Topic: Chronos V0.7.0 Full Release  (Read 43048 times)

B.H.V

• View Profile
Re: Chronos V0.7.0 Full Release
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2023, 10:12:15 AM »
Once we begin shipping the Chronos 4K12 (Feb 2024) and Chronos Q12 (Mar 2024), the software team will continue to make updates. We're working to make the remote control app backwards-compatible with the 1.4 and 2.1-HD, and may also add some more features at that time, so please stay tuned for February regarding potential software updates and new features.

I am experiencing similar problems as user EB described. When trying to update the camera via the internet connection I get the error that the packages cannot be authenticated and that "-y was used without --force-yes". My camera is running on version 0.7.0 Firmware version 11. I would greatly appreciate any advice on this problem.

When trying the SD card update, my camera doesnt boot properly. The fan briefly runs then the camera goes into some form of idle state, where the power button is lit but nothing else happens. Every minute or so, the power status indicator flashes in red and the camera seems to reboot, again briefly turning on the fan.

You may need to update your camera manually (writing the image to the SD card) for now as we are experiencing a few issues with our package servers at the moment. We are looking into it.

Thanks Sanjay! Is there a way the team can look at the aliasing problems I encounter with texts and specular highlights with the Chronos. I know the proper solution would be an anti-aliasing filter in front of the sensor. My workaround right now is using an anti-aliasing filter on top of the lens but it's not ideal. Appreciate all the hardwork the team is doing! : ) Also, can we get the 100,000 fps back in the official firmware for the 1.4? I'm weary of compiling the code myself.

Btw, this is an example of the aliasing I'm seeing in anothers video. Look at the 15:20 mark with the lettering on helmet. That's one of the situations where the aliasing pops up. Only way I can reduce that kind of aliasing is using anti-aliasing filters on top of the lens with my 1.4 but again it's not ideal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFOOY8MjChc&t=564s

UPDATE: Sanjay btw, I know in the early days of the Chronos 1.4 being released, the team was trying to see if an HDR mode or Log Profile could be implemented to maybe get better highlight and shadow detail. Can that be looked into again once you guys start looking at possible firmware updates for the older Chronos models?

Dominik Symann

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2024, 03:22:51 AM »
Hi everyone!

I bought my Chronos 2.1HD about 2 years ago and was wondering if there was an firmware upgrade in the meantime.

When I connect my Chronos to the Ethernet cable that feeds my PC with internet I only get to the point where the Chronos is
"Updating Package Lists" but not beyond...

There is also a lot of 404s in that log shown, so I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong or if
the files no longer exist on the server my Chronos wants to access...

When I load the 32gb SD card with the latest image file from this thread via Elenabatcher there is no local drive showing up in the Chronos either.

Any ideas?

Best regards

Dominik

hummingbirdography

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2024, 02:52:27 PM »
Hi everyone!

I bought my Chronos 2.1HD about 2 years ago and was wondering if there was an firmware upgrade in the meantime.

When I connect my Chronos to the Ethernet cable that feeds my PC with internet I only get to the point where the Chronos is
"Updating Package Lists" but not beyond...

There is also a lot of 404s in that log shown, so I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong or if
the files no longer exist on the server my Chronos wants to access...

When I load the 32gb SD card with the latest image file from this thread via Elenabatcher there is no local drive showing up in the Chronos either.

Any ideas?

Best regards

Dominik

I believe the 404s you're noticing are because the Debian packages it's trying to download were archived and moved to a different address. It's probably fine to ignore those 404s- the Chronos firmware packages should still update successfully.

Alternatively you could follow the manual updating instructions documented here: https://www.krontech.ca/software-resources/
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 02:55:28 PM by hummingbirdography »

Dominik Symann

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2024, 11:55:53 PM »
Thanks. The problem is that the updating process won't go further than that screenshot that I attached. From reading the manual I would expect it to lead to a "install now yes/no button" pop up after that. But it is just stuck there... far longer than 3 minutes.

hummingbirdography

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2024, 03:44:28 PM »
Thanks. The problem is that the updating process won't go further than that screenshot that I attached. From reading the manual I would expect it to lead to a "install now yes/no button" pop up after that. But it is just stuck there... far longer than 3 minutes.

Sounds like the simplest option is to remove the microSD card and flash it with the latest firmware.

Otherwise, if you're feeling brave, you could SSH into your Chronos and update your package sources. Once your sources are updated to reflect the archived Jessie packages, the Chronos firmware updater should start working for you again.

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/backports-debian.list
Code: [Select]
deb [arch=armel] http://archive.debian.org/debian jessie-backports main contrib non-free
deb [arch=armel] http://archive.debian.org/debian stretch-backports main contrib non-free

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/multistrap-debian.list
Code: [Select]
deb [arch=armel] http://archive.debian.org/debian jessie main contrib non-free
deb-src http://archive.debian.org/debian jessie main contrib non-free

Make sure to run `apt update` after modifying the above two files to reflect those archive.debian.org urls

Dominik Symann

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2024, 08:29:02 AM »
Thanks, hummingbirdography,

I got it to 7.0.1 with flashing the micro SD card with the .img ✌️

Best regards,

Dominik