Author Topic: Chronos 2.1 won't show a live view if analog gain is greater than 6dB  (Read 7482 times)

rdemyan

• View Profile
Does anyone know why the color Chronos 2.1 won't show a live view if the analog gain is greater than 6 dB?

rdemyan

• View Profile
Re: Chronos 2.1 won't show a live view if analog gain is greater than 6dB
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 01:19:52 PM »
I should add that this appears to happen when the FPS is around 4000 and greater.  Also my Chronos is the color 2.1.  Thanks.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 07:18:29 PM »
See also this topic, where this has allready been discussed in detail:
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=605.0
 I cant find where that was, but i am pretty sure i heard someone from Krontech say, that they are working on an Firmware-Update for the Camera to solve this problem and also improove on the Noise in general.

rdemyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 07:56:23 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I wish Kron would increase the priority of some of these serious bugs.  I understand that the camera is very reasonably priced, but it's typical that when a company doesn't have much competition (at this price point for example), the level of effort/urgency to fix issues is low.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 12:29:52 PM »
well, to be fair here, even if they made it No.1 Priority (or if it even was right now), it would probaply still take a considerable Amount of time to Release an Update.
 Because you obviously need to change *something* in the Current Version of the Software, but the last thing you want is to make things worse with whatever you are changing, so you need to do tons of testing to make sure that everything still works as bevore, and whatever you changed actually made things better. Now from my own testing of all that Gain Settings and Combinations, even just to "test" that took an entire evening of work (Current  Chronos Full Presets Gain Test Any% WR if i actually had looked at the Time whenever i started...), and for bug testing you would want to do way more tests like that for a whole lot of different Settings, for example Recording and Saving at those Resolutions/ Frameratest. What i did was just a short check if the given Setting even showed an Image on the Screen itself, nothing else. And lot of those tests should be run multiple times to make sure its reliable.... 
 Given that they also dont really have an Army of Workforce to throw at such a task, release of an Update will take a while, even if they tried really hard, just look at the Last few Updates.
 I dont really think its cause they dont care, are lazy or just want to annoy people, more like an serious Lack of Manpower to release faster. For propper Testing of an final, stable Update alone i would expect like two weeks or more, even if you had two or even three people working full-time Workhours just running bug tests and stuff. And bevore testing could happen you would first need to find out, what the Problem Even was in the First place in the current Version of the Software, and then find yourself a way to Work around that problem. 
 If its really urgent, maybe try to call them or contact them via mail, for example their support/ Service Mail adress, maybe they allready have some kind of "beta" version of an update they could provide you, which isnt currently released yet and just for Internal Testing. For Critical work i would however for sure wait for the final Release, because such early software could have even more/ worse bugs or other Problems than the current version oft software, including total chrash of the camera, random data Loss, unuseable /weird Footage Output ect. (but could also allready be very useable)

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 12:32:56 PM »
Found the Post about the new upcoming Software update again, which i was talking about in my first reply:
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=464.msg3889#msg3889