Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Type of RAM

<< < (2/7) > >>

John Delonghi:
This is what David has said before:

"while opening the camera doesn't void the warranty, damage due to improper user repairs isn't covered."

So, upgrading the RAM won't void anything but you need to be sure you are using the correct module(s) and you don't damage anything.

NiNeff:

--- Quote from: Nikon1 on March 14, 2018, 03:04:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: Ormia on March 14, 2018, 12:32:28 PM ---Is the RAM user expandable? Does opening up the camera void the warranty?

--- End quote ---
Should be User Upgradable from what i have heard in other threads here in the Forum (I dont have a Chronos yet).
Should also be quite easy.
But i realy dont konw about the Warranty.
Someone else here should know.

--- End quote ---
While it certainly wasn't hard, easy is not the correct word for changing the RAM  ;)
has someone already done a teardown on YouTube or somewhere? There you should be able to see how hard it is. If no one has done a video like this and if there's enough demand I'd be willing to do one myself.

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: NiNeff on March 16, 2018, 05:55:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: Nikon1 on March 14, 2018, 03:04:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: Ormia on March 14, 2018, 12:32:28 PM ---Is the RAM user expandable? Does opening up the camera void the warranty?

--- End quote ---
Should be User Upgradable from what i have heard in other threads here in the Forum (I dont have a Chronos yet).
Should also be quite easy.
But i realy dont konw about the Warranty.
Someone else here should know.

--- End quote ---
While it certainly wasn't hard, easy is not the correct word for changing the RAM  ;)
has someone already done a teardown on YouTube or somewhere? There you should be able to see how hard it is. If no one has done a video like this and if there's enough demand I'd be willing to do one myself.

--- End quote ---
I cant realy say how difficult it would be, cause i dont had one in my hands yet, but i would still consider ist as fairly easy from what i have seen.
At least for my standards. But i have done a lot more Crazy Stuff to Electronics and Cameras bevore.
So it could be actually possible, that it would not be as easy for someone new to Electroics or Cameras.
I am not realy sure, if there is a complete Teardown anywhere as a video, but i have seen some Pictures from the internals, not sure anymore from where.
Could be realy helpfull for some People to have a proper Teardown- / RAM-Upgrade-Video.

John Delonghi:
You take the 4 bolts out from the back, carefully disconnect the 3 ribbon cables so you can separate the display from the body.

Then take 4 screws out securing the main PCB from the body.

Carefully disconnect the 2 (i think) ribbon cables linking it to the main sensor PCB and then you'll have full access to the memory module connectors on the other side of the main PCB.

It's not difficult as long as you're careful with the ribbon cables and their connectors. If you are unsure how the ribbon cable connectors work, ask here first or do some googling.

BiduleOhm:
The creator of the camera (David) has made a complete teardown. If I recall correctly it's on his main youtube channel (tesla500).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version