Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Chronos 1.4 Footage Thread

<< < (31/114) > >>

Buddlich:
Got some fun with ... hey.. ink again :D
This time it's a copy of the slow mo guys Hypnotic Ink video... for testing reasons.

In Future I will be shooting in RAW, hoping that I can get way better colors and contrast a.s.o.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CFQtk6h2Jg

fun starts at 40sec

Fyodor:

--- Quote from: nik282000 on May 11, 2018, 01:00:26 PM ---having a gun sight on the camera makes following a target super easy!

--- End quote ---

Sounds very interesting. Can you show us what you made there?

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: Buddlich on May 13, 2018, 01:57:29 PM ---https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CFQtk6h2Jg

fun starts at 40sec

--- End quote ---
Nice, more People from Germany here!
Greetings from Germany!
Also, nice shots you got there.

nik282000:

--- Quote from: Fyodor on May 13, 2018, 11:34:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: nik282000 on May 11, 2018, 01:00:26 PM ---having a gun sight on the camera makes following a target super easy!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

The reflex sight is an Amazon special, not the cheapest one but it's not made for a real gun. To mount it I drilled a 1/4" hole in "gun rail" which is used for mounting hardware on to guns, and ground down a 1/4-20 screw to sit as flush as possible with the top of the rail. If the head sticks up too far the sight won't mount properly. There are kits that let you mount gun rail to a hot shoe (camera flash mount) and kits that let you mount a hot shoe to a 1/4-20 hole but the taller your mounting setup the more parallax error you will get and the less stable it will all be.

Every time I shoot the sight has to be adjusted, it moves a little while being transported but mostly it's to account for the range of distances I am shooting that day. By picking a spot midway through the field and centering on that it is pretty accurate as long as I remember to aim high for close subjects and low for distant ones. If you are going to film fast moving subjects it is worth the $30.

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: nik282000 on May 14, 2018, 06:47:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: Fyodor on May 13, 2018, 11:34:25 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

The reflex sight is an Amazon special, not the cheapest one but it's not made for a real gun. To mount it I drilled a 1/4" hole in "gun rail" which is used for mounting hardware on to guns, and ground down a 1/4-20 screw to sit as flush as possible with the top of the rail. If the head sticks up too far the sight won't mount properly. There are kits that let you mount gun rail to a hot shoe (camera flash mount) and kits that let you mount a hot shoe to a 1/4-20 hole but the taller your mounting setup the more parallax error you will get and the less stable it will all be.

Every time I shoot the sight has to be adjusted, it moves a little while being transported but mostly it's to account for the range of distances I am shooting that day. By picking a spot midway through the field and centering on that it is pretty accurate as long as I remember to aim high for close subjects and low for distant ones. If you are going to film fast moving subjects it is worth the $30.

--- End quote ---
What Lens is That?
Looks like 400mm or so?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version