Author Topic: Chronos 1.4c Remote Trigger Recommendations?  (Read 16807 times)

JamesB

• View Profile
Chronos 1.4c Remote Trigger Recommendations?
« on: May 26, 2017, 01:36:26 PM »
Can anyone specify the type of cable remote trigger the Chronos is compatible with?   

That is one piece of the puzzle I haven't purchased yet.   I should get my camera soon. Very excited!

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
Re: Chronos 1.4c Remote Trigger Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 05:47:43 PM »
You can use any normally open switch connected to the BNC connector on the camera as a remote trigger.

Ben Krasnow (Applied Science) and I have both successfully used the Pixel TW283 remote trigger. Any variant will work, you won't be using the included cable. You need a 3.5mm male to BNC male adapter to connect it to the camera, this is most easily done with a 3.5mm to RCA cable, followed by a RCA to BNC adapter.

This trigger has one bug, if you mash the shutter button quickly it will miss the press, you need to press the button slowly through its half-pressed state to fully pressed. Other than that it works well. This is a problem with the trigger itself, not the camera.

David

JamesB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 02:04:59 PM »
Thank's David,

I have a few of these triggers in my collection, will get the needed adapters and see what performs better.   

nik282000

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 03:01:20 PM »
It looks like you would need an adapter to connect the 2 male 3.5mm jacks together. That trigger also looks to be the half-press/full-press type, depending on the pin-out it may trigger your Chronos on the half press rather than the full press (if that is an issue).

If you don't mind a little DIY you can make your own for under $20. I used a normally open push button, male BNC connector and a small project box. http://i.imgur.com/J9brdF7.jpg
There are commercially available BNC buttons out there but they tend to be expensive because they are intended for "professional" equipment, if they sold for less they wouldn't be professional enough.

Good luck!

Camoit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 06:04:23 PM »
On the remote. Is it a temporary / momentary trigger that is needed, Or a on / off type?
When I get the camera that was one of the first things to build.
If it's a momentary SW that is needed. I was going to build one out of a remote push button starter tool for a automotive starter. There like 12 bucks and have a nice button.

PS: the Verification on every post is a touch over kill. You should only need it if you are allowing guests to be able to wright to the board. (not recommended)
Also to avoid spammers you should turn on verify email address. and install the stop forum spam plugin. I'm pretty sure someone makes one for simple machines. 

JamesB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 07:47:26 PM »
I ordered a bunch of cables and adapters and will test the trigger when I get them together then post the results.  Thanks all for the suggestions!

oakwhiz

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 04:02:03 AM »
PS: the Verification on every post is a touch over kill. You should only need it if you are allowing guests to be able to wright to the board. (not recommended)
Also to avoid spammers you should turn on verify email address. and install the stop forum spam plugin. I'm pretty sure someone makes one for simple machines. 

Made some changes in that regard.

Camoit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 12:48:08 PM »
Be sure to post up a video how to. Or one with picts. The video would be best so you can give nice details.

Taofledermaus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 03:00:27 PM »
Just a single pole,  momentary switch of any type is all you need.   

Endothermic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2021, 07:18:19 AM »
This wireless trigger is not available.

Would this be a replacement for that?

https://www.amazon.com/Remote-Shutter-Release-Wireless-Control/dp/B07SXGFCVJ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Wireless%2BRemote%2BControl%2BShutter%2BRelease%2Bfor%2BNikon&qid=1632924476&sr=8-2-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNjMzMTc3UDY2VVBBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTE2NjQ4MVFXWVlKTk5UUEJORCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjIxNzMyTlFYSEVUVUM5TzEyJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Thanks,

Mark

You can use any normally open switch connected to the BNC connector on the camera as a remote trigger.

Ben Krasnow (Applied Science) and I have both successfully used the Pixel TW283 remote trigger. Any variant will work, you won't be using the included cable. You need a 3.5mm male to BNC male adapter to connect it to the camera, this is most easily done with a 3.5mm to RCA cable, followed by a RCA to BNC adapter.

This trigger has one bug, if you mash the shutter button quickly it will miss the press, you need to press the button slowly through its half-pressed state to fully pressed. Other than that it works well. This is a problem with the trigger itself, not the camera.

David