General > General high-speed discussion

Recommended software for postprocessing

<< < (2/2)

dbooksta:
For anyone looking to just do time-warping I found a brilliant open-source project that does only that: slowmoVideo.

The same functionality exists in Adobe After Effects as the "Timewarp" effect.

Electra:
Another tool I've found that may be handy.
https://mkvtoolnix.download/
Found while searching for how to change recorded framerate:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/370692/how-to-change-the-framerate-of-a-video-without-reencoding/547991#547991

As the actual frame-rate is just a number, this is one way to change it to whatever your editor/encoder/preferences likes the best.  I keep forgetting to change 60fps back to 30fps in the camera and my editor can be a bit stupid about overriding. This is one way I've found to change it afterwards.

dbooksta:
Yeah, the first thing I do with the files is use FFMPEG to slow the play rate from 60fps to 30fps, and also to add a time marker to each frame.  For example, here's the command to do that on a 640x120 clip (17424 being the fps):

--- Code: ---ffmpeg -i ChronosFile1.mp4 -r 30
 -vf "setpts=(2/1)*PTS,
 drawtext=fontfile=Arial.ttf: expansion=normal:
   text='%{eif\:n*1000/17424\:d}.%{eif\:mod(n*1000/17424*100,100)\:d\:2}ms':
   x=(w-tw-5): y=5: fontcolor=white: box=1: boxcolor=0x00000099: fontsize=25"
 -an -y ChronosFile1Post.mp4

--- End code ---

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: dbooksta on July 27, 2017, 12:03:30 PM ---For anyone looking to just do time-warping I found a brilliant open-source project that does only that: slowmoVideo.

The same functionality exists in Adobe After Effects as the "Timewarp" effect.

--- End quote ---
for Time-Warping i could also Recommend "Twixtor", a Plugin for After Effects.
That one will cost you money or you get a Watermark on your Videos (there is also a workaround for avoiding the Watermark with the Free Version).
But it is the best Plugin/ Effect for Time-Warp i know of in terms of results.
That Plugin will work for AfterEffects down to Version CS2 / 7.0

ThomasYiPP:
I've been using Davinci Resolve free edition and that does basically all you need and more.
It has time warping with a nice curve editor and studio grade color correction which helped me a lot to polish the raw looking feel of the Chronos.
But as with any big software you got to dive in a little before you get the hang of it but at least it's free :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version