Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Moonlit stills, Chronos suitable?

<< < (5/6) > >>

BiduleOhm:
Wow, mars is pretty decent for a camera who wasn't designed to do this, especially at 500 fps.

Nikon1:
I downloaded the Video from the moon now 3 times but cant open any one of them... Dont know what that is all about. Maybe just my bad internet connection here.
But the Mars one is actually pretty impressive.
If the Noise gets so much worse below 60fps, then maybe just use 60fps or faster i guess...

BiduleOhm:
I was able to open and play it with VLC without any problems.

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: BiduleOhm on October 17, 2018, 04:35:51 AM ---I was able to open and play it with VLC without any problems.

--- End quote ---
I tried again, and now i can open it. The other 3 Downloaded Files from the Same Video wont open in VLC or in AE CS6
While the noise is still quite strong for my taste on this shot with the moon, all things considered its still rather impressive for an camera which wasnt meant to do anything like this, especialy with the mars one at 500fps.
@Sael:
What Gain settings did you use on those? Propably Base-Gain (0) for the moon, but it propably has to be an higher Gain-Setting for the Mars one at that framerate?

NiNeff:

--- Quote from: tesla500 on October 16, 2018, 04:44:34 PM ---The noise you're seeing here is actually just dark noise. Black cal won't work below about 60fps, so what you're seeing is an uncalibrated image. Try doing a black cal at 60fps then changing to 10fps.

--- End quote ---
That's actually what it did. I first did a blackcal an then changed the FPS. as it was very bad, I did a second black cal at 10fps with no improvement, obviously.

@nikon 1: I don't remember the f-stop settings, but it was very closed. the exposure time was also way down to about 1% The moon is indeed very bright.

@Sael: that mars video is actually really good, I guess you're using a magnification of about 250x to 300? Now I'll definitively need to hook up my telescope to the Chronos just for the fun of it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version