Author Topic: Last round?? of Kickstarter cameras are going out.  (Read 14253 times)

Camoit

• View Profile
Last round?? of Kickstarter cameras are going out.
« on: July 19, 2017, 10:19:04 AM »
So I just received an email from Tabatha, the Operations Management person @ Kron Technologies telling me that my 6 year long wait is finally over. Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!

How many others are getting there camera in this batch?
I think this is the last round for the Kickstarter program.

jasonfish

• View Profile
Re: Last round?? of Kickstarter cameras are going out.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 10:20:38 AM »
Did you get the "fill out your info" email that most people got, or was there another email after that?

Camoit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 10:46:32 AM »
Did you get the "fill out your info" email that most people got, or was there another email after that?

It had an attachment for US customs along with a link if you did not get the attachment.
Just fill out what they highlighted and send it back to them.  Otherwise it will get held at the border tell you get them the paperwork.

jasonfish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 11:02:52 AM »
Yeah, same email here. It almost sounded like you had received an additional mail with shipping details.

Camoit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 07:46:57 PM »
Yeah, same email here. It almost sounded like you had received an additional mail with shipping details.

Once it's ready they will send a tracking number.

ExaltedDuck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 12:16:44 AM »
I'm excited.  Bought a couple lenses in anticipation last week and got the update and paperwork the day the second one arrived.  I'm kind of curious if I'm the last one on the list.  I submitted the kickstarter pledge literally 3-4 minutes before the funding period expired. 

Has the number of prototypes for pledges ever been disclosed?  I would estimate around 130-140 based on the funding level but I see the number of backers is around 220 (so 70-80 non-prototype backers?) and my own backer number is just shy of 250. (maybe 30 backers were back-out-ers?)

Camoit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 04:48:53 PM »
So we have a delay.
Oh well, not a big problem. At least this company is going to make it with David and his partner at the helm. I have always had faith in him. He did the Kickstarter funding the right way. Build the product send it out for testing, then open it to investment and pre-orders.  I can't tell you how many others went belly up because they sold the idea before having something real in hand. I have seen several Kickstarter products make millions and file for chapter 11.
Way to go Dave.

ExaltedDuck

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 08:55:25 AM »
So... Last we heard was that they'd go out in late August... Not to pester, but I see August is over in but a few days... How's everything looking?

wilheldp

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 06:27:15 AM »
So... Last we heard was that they'd go out in late August... Not to pester, but I see August is over in but a few days... How's everything looking?

The camera page in the store has been updated to read...

Existing preorders will be shipping starting August 31st, once all orders are shipped the camera will be available from stock.

I don't know if you are a Kickstarter or pre-orderer.  If you backed on KS, maybe yours will ship sooner, but it looks like pre-orders are going out on or around Thursday.  I have been checking the store page and KS updates fairly regularly, so I'd say the update to the store page was made either this past weekend or yesterday.

Max

• Administrator
  • Oh hello there :D
    • View Profile
    • Meep Space
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 10:58:59 PM »
So I just received an email from Tabatha, the Operations Management person @ Kron Technologies telling me that my 6 year long wait is finally over. Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!

How many others are getting there camera in this batch?
I think this is the last round for the Kickstarter program.

We currently have production going on full tilt, Shipping should be starting by the end of the week if all goes to plan :)

- Max

Camoit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 04:38:07 PM »
Sweet.  I hope it arrives by the 14th for a shoot we have.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 05:06:06 PM by Camoit »

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2017, 08:30:40 PM »
Just started shipping, see the update here

Camoit

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2017, 02:03:07 PM »
So today was the day. So far only 1 thing that was overlooked. Tape was not added to the box flaps. This can allow people to enter without some kind of  detection.