Author Topic: Chronos V0.3.1 Beta - Updated Oct 15 2018 with beta-9  (Read 50819 times)

nik282000

• View Profile
Re: Chronos V0.3.1 Beta - Updated Oct 15 2018 with beta-9
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2018, 07:47:04 AM »
I have several USB sticks (all sandisk) and only one of them works for updating but all of them work for saving video. Maybe try another stick and see if that works.

NiNeff

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2018, 10:42:50 AM »
I am trying to update from 0.2, but it seems it can't find the update. When I try to backup the calibration data, it says "Error: no device is mounted to /media/sda" and if I try to update it says "No software update found".

In the Save settings it says the save Location is "/media/mmcblk1p1 (SD Card Partition 1)". I can save clips just fine to the card and they show up in the root directory.

The card was formatted in FAT32. The update file was extracted to the root of that card.

What am I doing wrong here?
Seems like you are trying to update from a SD Card. This is not supported (yet).
You have to use the USB-Port on the side using a FAT32 formatted Stick. As mentioned above several users had issues so far. You might have to try more than one USB Stick.
Also: Don't try to use the USB-OTG port (the smaller one) – use the USB / E-SATA combined one instead.

tretee

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2018, 01:37:55 PM »
re.
- Standalone daemon to operate the video system, with DBus API.
Does that mean we will get a QT app soon that runs on the PC to control the camera?

NiNeff

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2018, 01:54:26 PM »
re.
- Standalone daemon to operate the video system, with DBus API.
Does that mean we will get a QT app soon that runs on the PC to control the camera?
yes but not a qt app. it will be a webinterface as I understand it

Johnny

• View Profile
Re: Chronos V0.3.1 Beta
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2018, 08:06:37 AM »
Is there something else missing from the CinemaDNG tags? Even Photoshop cannot open the files. No previews in macOS.
I'm having no trouble with the new beta 9 and Photoshop CS5 now.
TIFF files open with no issues. CinemaDNG does not open in Davinci Resolve or in Photoshop CC 2019. Even Lightroom CC 2015 does not want them.
And yes I'm using beta 9.

Could you upload a problem DNG file here so we can investigate?

Sorry for the wait. Did not have my camera with me on my trip.
Here is one CinemaDNG and one TIFF.
These are straight from the camera.

Buddlich

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2018, 01:43:44 PM »
Is there something else missing from the CinemaDNG tags? Even Photoshop cannot open the files. No previews in macOS.
TIFF files open with no issues. CinemaDNG does not open in Davinci Resolve or in Photoshop CC 2019. Even Lightroom CC 2015 does not want them.

Have the same problem... I can't open the .dng from the camera... not with lightroom, not with photoshop... with nothing :( attached one dng

patrickrebstock

• playing camera
    • View Profile
    • patrickrebstock.com
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2018, 07:39:20 AM »

Have the same problem... I can't open the .dng from the camera... not with lightroom, not with photoshop... with nothing :( attached one dng
try the new v9 beta i think thats fixed now

Dan D

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2018, 09:26:03 PM »
I took a look at the pySciCam code to see how you were doing the byte unpacking and I think that our implementations agree. In the read_chronos_raw() function, you're reading the three bytes and converting them to an integer, which on a little-endian machine I think would produce a 24-bit integer of 0x23c1ab on v0.3.0, or 0xab1c23 on v0.3.1 using our example pixels of {0x123, 0xabc}.

Duh, I should have realised. That makes sense! Thanks. Nice work!

Dan D

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2019, 08:59:59 PM »
Hi guys

I'm trying out the 0.3.1 Beta-9 software and I've found a major bug.

Since I updated, I can't choose any IO mode other than "Record End Trigger". If I select "Frame Sync Output", "Shutter Gating" or "Exposure Trigger" modes for either IO1 or IO2 and press "OK", the UI immediately reverts to "None" no matter what recording mode I'm in.  The same thing is happening on multiple cameras.

I checked on an oscilloscope and I'm no longer getting a frame sync output signal even if I choose it and hit "Apply". This is a showstopper - I can't synchronise my strobe light source without the Frame Sync Out and will have to roll back to an earlier version of the firmware. Any suggestions?

Dan D.

Dan D

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2019, 11:10:46 PM »
Just rolled my camera back to software 0.3.1 beta4 and the Frame Sync Out works again. Can confirm this is definitely a firmware bug and not a hardware issue.

I'm trying out the 0.3.1 Beta-9 software and I've found a major bug. Since I updated, I can't choose any IO mode other than "Record End Trigger". If I select "Frame Sync Output", "Shutter Gating" or "Exposure Trigger" modes for either IO1 or IO2 and press "OK", the UI immediately reverts to "None"

foobar

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2019, 10:03:10 AM »
Hey Dan,

This is a known issue with the beta-9 release, we recommend that you try out the release candidate software instead (see this thread). If that doesn't work, please let us know if there are issues with the 0.3.1-rc1 update.

Just rolled my camera back to software 0.3.1 beta4 and the Frame Sync Out works again. Can confirm this is definitely a firmware bug and not a hardware issue.

I'm trying out the 0.3.1 Beta-9 software and I've found a major bug. Since I updated, I can't choose any IO mode other than "Record End Trigger". If I select "Frame Sync Output", "Shutter Gating" or "Exposure Trigger" modes for either IO1 or IO2 and press "OK", the UI immediately reverts to "None"

Dan D

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2019, 04:36:56 AM »
Thanks - 0.3.1-rc1 is working fine for me now :-)