Author Topic: Introducing Chronos 2.1 HD!  (Read 56711 times)

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Introducing Chronos 2.1 HD!
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2019, 07:23:32 AM »
I'm seeing the images.
Thanks a lot for the Reply.
I also see them now Finaly online, seems to work finally!  :)

NiNeff

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2019, 01:47:52 PM »
Yup thread was somehow broken before, no I can fullfill my lust for reading new forum posts ;D

Buddlich

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2019, 11:36:37 AM »
Well, a while ago I read on your Facebook page, that you visited Canada's Trade Accelerator Program. That sounds like you read my comment - or you may just had the same thought as I had.

Are there potential plans to create some kind of store in europe, so there are no customs or import taxes? If so, I can promise you - you would definitely have one more buyer of the 2.1 :D :D

Michael M.

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2019, 04:27:32 PM »
We don't have distributors at the moment but we are looking to expand. So maybe in the future!

Buddlich

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2019, 03:37:46 PM »
Hello,

I just saw in the 2.1 manuel that there is no mention about the 100.000 fps as the max framerate as it was said as the camera was introduced. In fact the max framerate is now shown lower as that of the 1.4. did you change that by purpose or is it just not up to date?

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2019, 07:38:49 PM »
Hello,

I just saw in the 2.1 manuel that there is no mention about the 100.000 fps as the max framerate as it was said as the camera was introduced. In fact the max framerate is now shown lower as that of the 1.4. did you change that by purpose or is it just not up to date?

The 2.1 and 1.4 both have require a minimum frame height of 96 pixels because the H.264 encoder needs at least that many pixels to work correctly.
This will eventually be worked around by adding black bars above and below the footage at the time of saving the video, if the H.264 format is being used. Once we get around to implementing that, the 2.1 will have a max framerate around 100kpfs.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2019, 02:49:46 PM »
Once we get around to implementing that, the 2.1 will have a max framerate around 100kpfs.
That is very nice to hear!

chrissie_c

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2020, 01:54:09 AM »
I see that the 2.1HD is now listed as "If you buy one unit today. expect to receive it by April 2020." - Does this apply if I ordered it last year? I'm guessing so, sadly.

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2020, 02:22:00 PM »
I see that the 2.1HD is now listed as "If you buy one unit today. expect to receive it by April 2020." - Does this apply if I ordered it last year? I'm guessing so, sadly.

It's best to contact [email protected] for general and sales inquiries.

Michael M.

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2020, 01:05:09 PM »

It's best to contact [email protected] for general and sales inquiries.

No it does not! If you order one camera today, you will get it in April/May. If you ordered one last year, they are shipping hopefully starting Monday!

SergeyKashin

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2020, 04:10:39 PM »
I'm really looking forward to my camera , is it possible to translate the menu into another language yourself or to have it released in an update?

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2020, 05:59:57 PM »
I'm really looking forward to my camera , is it possible to translate the menu into another language yourself or to have it released in an update?

Yes, I think it's possible to translate the menus, at least for languages using the latin script. Qt Creator or Qt Designer could be used to edit the text in the buttons and other widgets in the UI. The widgets are are inside the .ui files in this repository: https://github.com/krontech/chronos-cam-app/  The camera application then needs to be recompiled, as seen in that link.
Even then, there is other things that the user will see less often, like error messages, scattered throughout the source files in the repository.

We don't currently have any plans for official translations.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 06:02:20 PM by skronstein »

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2020, 09:40:23 PM »

Yes, I think it's possible to translate the menus, at least for languages using the latin script. Qt Creator or Qt Designer could be used to edit the text in the buttons and other widgets in the UI. The widgets are are inside the .ui files in this repository: https://github.com/krontech/chronos-cam-app/  The camera application then needs to be recompiled, as seen in that link.
Even then, there is other things that the user will see less often, like error messages, scattered throughout the source files in the repository.

We don't currently have any plans for official translations.
Whith this Qt Software, would it be possible to change the exposuere value from xx,x ms to 1/xxxx s ?So it would be displayed in Fractions of seconds, like on most other Photographic cameras?Because as far as i can see, the 2.1 firmware in its current form only displays as an Millisecond value and no option to change that.Or would that be neded to be implemented in the Software itself first?Would really love to see such an option in Software.

NiNeff

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2020, 01:57:26 AM »
you can already change the displayed value and choose between time, degrees and percentage

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2020, 03:59:32 AM »
you can already change the displayed value and choose between time, degrees and percentage
Ok, thanks for the Answer, didnt know that!That is very good.