Author Topic: Introducing Chronos 2.1 HD!  (Read 56883 times)

SergeyKashin

Re: Introducing Chronos 2.1 HD!
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2020, 12:07:06 PM »
This is also suitable for 2.1? what version of the camera do you have?

坦丁

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2020, 12:16:07 AM »
This translation file is related to base cam application (both Chronos 1.4 and 2.1)
https://github.com/krontech/chronos-cam-app

B.H.V

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2020, 06:18:44 PM »
2. I saw in the forum there's a thread where the 3D printed C-MTF adapter was shared and seemed to work. The 2.1 sensor is now much bigger than 1.4, which MTF Speedbooster adapter is now working better with the new 2.1 ? the Metabones 0.58x, 0.64x (XL), or 0.71x ?
Well, i did some Crazy stuff with the Metabones 0.58x (i Own that one), and adapted it to an Nikon1 J5, which works Great. So it will also work with the Chronos as Long as Flange distance is considred. But i am Not sure if the 0,58x will cover the Full M3/4 Sensor Format, which the 2.1 has. For the 1.4 Chronos (full sensor Coverage) and filming 720p with the 2.1, it should be fine pretty sure, if you are interrested in Coverage of the 0.58x on the full Sensor of the 2.1 Chronos, i would need to test that, never thought about something like that...
The 0.71x should cover easily the full sensor of the 2.1, but i dont know the 0.64x and what it could do.
For 1" (the Format, i am used to and use) the Metabones 0,58x is quite insane!
1 2/3 Stops more Light! so your 50mm f/1.2 becomes a 29mm f/0.7!
Optical performance is very good!
3. I wish Krontech will provide customer with prebuilt on-camera MTF mount, which sounds right for a MTF sensor camera.
Standard MTF mount will open a lot of possibility for usage of lens and adapters.
Well...
"sounds right for a MFT sensor camera"
There are lot of Industry Highspeed-Cameras with MFT-Sensor and CS- or C-Mount. This is quite Common thing to see.
So there is nothing too much Wrong about it beeing a CS-Mount seen from that point of view...
Also there is some Disadvantages about going with a Fixed MFT-Mount:
  • You cant use some of the C-Mount lenses which are Very FAT and need to sit very close to the Mount.
  • You cant use Mount Adapters. Tor the CS-Mount of the Chronos Cameras in combination with those four Thread-Mounting-Points at the Front this means, that you would even Be able to adapt stuff like Sony-E-Mount glass, Nikon Z-Mount Glass, Canon EOS-R- Mount Glass, MFT-Mount Stuff, Nikon1-Mount Stuff, Fuji-x-Mount Glass and a ton of other very crazy stuff via some Interchangeable Mounts
  • If you want to use some VERY short Focal length Lenses (Below 6mm for example...) because you use Fast Framerates (=only small area of the Sensor is actually used= Smaller effective Sensor Size) and still want to go pretty wide, CS-Mount is sometimes your only Option
so, you can Make the CS-Mount Chronos an MFT-Mount Camera with an Interchangeable Mount, but if it was an MFT-Mount to beginn with, you cant use anything with Shorter or simmilar Flange-Distance!
So to fit everyones Needs (Dont forget, that the Chronos 1.4 AND 2.1 is also an VERY interresting Camera for Industry-Applications! Not only Cinema and the Like. Everybody likes good performance for an Fair Price!), the way they gone with the Chronos is actually very smart and the best way to do it.
You are Right, "Native" MFT-Mount will give you a lot of Options for Lenses, but the Chronos has way more Options for Lenses, including EVERYTHING anyone will be ever able to adapt to MFT-Mount!
The thing you miss is propably a high Quality Interchangeable Mount (not one, that screws into the CS-Mount, but one that will use those four Screw-Holes in the Front). Just forget about the CS-Mount, if you dont like it, and think about it, as an Interchangeable-Mount Camera (like for example an RED with interchangeable Mount...), but you cant buy the Mounts yet.
If it helps you anything, i (and a lot of other people) could built an Interchangeable Mount like what you want. Or help You with Building / Printing your own...

Have you tested the 0.58X speedbooster on the Chronos 1.4 and made sure the flange distance is okay? Thank you.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2020, 06:40:30 PM »
oh, sorry, didnt look in this thread for a while and somehow propably turned off notifications for that one. So, sorry for the Late answer to this. Yes, 0,58x and 0,64x from Metabones will fit, but the C-Mount Ring needs to be removed, but there is enough clearance there, i own and tested both. Make sure to screw the small screw all the way out and drop the small brass bar out on the bottom of the Camera, to avoid it dropping onto the Sensor later when the C-Mount ring is removed later. 0,58x will work very well for the 1.4, but will show serious vignetting on the 2.1 Sensor. For 720p Resolution the 0,58x is however also useable on the 2.1. the 0,64x works pretty well on the 2.1, but will still vignett at around 18mm and Shorter and on like 150mm and longer. Between 20 and 140mm its not too noticeable, but still a little bit visible if you are looking for it. The 0.64x is very useable on the 2.1 for most focal length. Keep in mind that maximal usefull input Apperture on all the Metabones speedboosters is f/1.2, so even if you for some reason managed to mount an f/0,95 Lens on there, you wont gain any more Light over a f/1.2 Lens.

SergeyKashin

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2020, 03:56:42 PM »
There was a question in my head, can I configure the usb connector to connect the wifi adapter through it? and control the camera
Question to the developers or to someone who is engaged in programming.
Nikon you don't need to answer a question if you don't know or if you have a theory!

SergeyKashin

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2020, 01:27:14 PM »
After a recent monthly mailing, I read that an update for the camera interface will be released soon. wanted to get more information for users, because maybe we have some suggestions or wishes that you may (if it is possible) can make in the update

sanjay

• Krontech
  • Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2020, 03:48:14 PM »
There was a question in my head, can I configure the usb connector to connect the wifi adapter through it? and control the camera
Question to the developers or to someone who is engaged in programming.
Nikon you don't need to answer a question if you don't know or if you have a theory!

Hi Sergey, regarding this I would highly recommend using an ethernet to wifi bridge that does not require the camera to set it up. If you'd like to look into the usb control of a wifi adapter, you'd have to look for something that would be compatible the the Chronos' version of the Linux kernel, as displayed below:

root@chronos:~# uname -a
Linux chronos 3.2.0 #67 Mon Nov 25 14:27:52 PST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

After a recent monthly mailing, I read that an update for the camera interface will be released soon. wanted to get more information for users, because maybe we have some suggestions or wishes that you may (if it is possible) can make in the update

Regarding the newsletter, yes, we have a software update on the way in the coming weeks that will address some bugs, add improvements to the 2.1's image quality, and add a new external storage file browser feature, so that you can see what has been saved to storage (and delete it if necessary). Development is almost done and we're about to start our test/QA procedure for this release, but here's a preview of the file browser screen:

Suggestions on what can be improved in software is always welcome. I think the best place for that would be in the Software Dev board under whichever software release thread that your feedback applies to (probably 0.5.0 at this point).

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2020, 05:00:35 PM »
[...] and add a new external storage file browser feature, so that you can see what has been saved to storage (and delete it if necessary). Development is almost done and we're about to start our test/QA procedure for this release, but here's a preview of the file browser screen:

Suggestions on what can be improved in software is always welcome. I think the best place for that would be in the Software Dev board under whichever software release thread that your feedback applies to (probably 0.5.0 at this point).
This is great, have been waiting for some kind of file browser, thanks for adding that.

clkdiv

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2020, 04:00:56 PM »
Hi Sergey, regarding this I would highly recommend using an ethernet to wifi bridge that does not require the camera to set it up.

I managed to get it working with such thing.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2020, 05:40:29 PM »
[...] and add a new external storage file browser feature, so that you can see what has been saved to storage (and delete it if necessary). Development is almost done and we're about to start our test/QA procedure for this release, but here's a preview of the file browser screen:

This is great, have been waiting for some kind of file browser, thanks for adding that.

Just tried the new Unstable Release, the Filebrowser is actually an Great Updat, thanks again!
 Would it also be possible to add some kind of option to generate new folders and Name them (maybe even Rename existing Folders), that would make it just about perfect in my opinion.
 Thanks for all the Work you guys put into this!