General > General high-speed discussion

Problems with Triggering in Exposure Trigger and Gated Trigger

<< < (2/2)

vinalv:
You will find attached the requested screen shots

vinalv:

--- Quote from: skronstein on June 24, 2019, 01:56:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: vinalv on June 24, 2019, 08:17:07 AM ---The software update helped although I still have problems with the gated mode. It keeps recording 1 frame. I am using 1280x1024 at max frames (1057). I have set recording mode to gated burst and the trigger to gated. I am proving a 1khz square wave with 50% duty.

I am a novice at this and I know I maybe annoying many. Any help is really appreciated.

I have attached a picture of my function generator settings.

--- End quote ---

If you disable gated burst, does the camera properly record a frame for each cycle it receives?

Do you want to set up the camera so that to record frames only when both trigger 1 (for example, a pushbutton trigger) is pressed and trigger 2 is receiving a signal? We haven't tested the use of gated burst and shutter gating at the same time, but in theory, it should work with a setup such as this:  Record mode = gated burst, Trigger 1 = Record End Trigger Trigger 2 = Shutter Gating

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the advise. I was working with trigger 1 gated with recording mode set to Gated Burst. I assumed what would happen is that the exposures would happen at the high input of the trigger (and it would continue recording until I stopped via the red shutter button).

I changed to Normal Record Mode and the camera records just fine.

My aim was to use the gated input to control exposure time and frame rate and record a video. If this can be done in Normal Record Mode please let me know. I may have misunderstood from the manual what the Gated Burst Record Mode does.

skronstein:
That's right, in Normal record mode, Shutter Gating should work fine to control exposure time and frame rate.  I will clarify this in the next iteration of the manual.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version