Chronos > Software Dev

Updating the UI: Main Screen v2 + Dark Theme

<< < (3/4) > >>

nik282000:
That looks awesome, I really appreciate the addition of a histogram to the live view.

Fyodor:
Regarding gestures:

They can be very handy. But often aren't intuitive, and nobody reads the manual.

Would it be possible to add a "hint wheel" (no idea how you would call it...)? What I mean is, if you touch the screen and move the touch point a few pixels, so it is recignised as a movement, you could show a wheel with 4 or 8 sections. Each section would show an icon representing what happens when you swipe in that direction. I use SolidWorks in my profession, they use that technique with the mouse. Hold the right mouse button and move the mouse, and it will appear. These sections also can be custom programmed. Sample picture attached.

DDR:

--- Quote from: Fyodor on September 29, 2019, 11:36:40 PM ---Regarding gestures:

They can be very handy. But often aren't intuitive, and nobody reads the manual.

Would it be possible to add a "hint wheel" (no idea how you would call it...)?

--- End quote ---

I toyed around with a design for one a while back, but it never gained any serious traction.

I do think it would be much better off with the rest of the UI as it stands now, instead of on it's own as it was.

I had a bit of a re-read through Pie Menus: A 30 Year Retrospective, which is a wonderful dive into the subject. Pie menus still pretty uncommon, especially on cameras like the Chronos, so I'm hesitant to put them in. But on the other hand, they're perfect for the task.

Fyodor:
I would like it.

JamesB:
I believe the current design you showed is excellent and a vast improvement that gives the frame much needed space. Very RED like and useful without digging  into menus. Would love to have it soon including the latest peaking fix so I can use my monitor with it again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version