Author Topic: Chronos 2.1 lenses  (Read 35550 times)

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Chronos 2.1 lenses
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2021, 09:11:41 AM »
The mount was Taken from an Old Soviet KIEV Camera, as well as the Lenses. I wanted to keep the Mount Part of the Camera in as much of an untouched state as possible, and only removed a little material where it was unavoidable, otherwise the Overall adapter could have been a little bit smaller.
 Overally a very nice Kit of vintage lenses, which gives a really high Quality Vintage Look (those Lenses are Russian copies of early German Leitz/ Leica Optics, but usualy WAY Cheaper to get, bought all of this for like 30 to 40€, dont quite remember anymore, however the Mount will ofc also take Leitz brand lenses...). And those Lenses are SHARP. The 50mm has quite flat color rendition (which i like), but gains some Contrast when stopped down a bit. The 35mm has surprising amount of contrast considering its age, just a outstanding lens. The 135mm is a very solid lens also in terms of image Quality. Seems to be at least as sharp as the 35mm, as far as i was able to test it, and also has a bit of a softer and flater color rendition than the usual modern lenses.
 Hacked together a Adapter for Sony-E-Mount when i got those, and went to a local Camera store to try them on an α7R III just for Kicks, and even on that sensor fully Zoomed in, it was still as sharp as can be (except for the 50mm wide open untill like f/5.6 or /8, where it also gets as sharp as the sensor can even capture... Hardly noticeable on lower resolution Sensors). Truly impressive for lenses of that age.
 Nice and compact In Size, but sadly not the fastest apperture Lenses ever (35/2.8  50/2  135/4), but still reasonable for outdoor Lighting, where you would stop down anyways to get at least some depth of field.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 09:03:55 AM by Nikon1 »

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2021, 10:56:59 AM »
Next up are propper Adapters for MFT-Mount, Nikon1-Mount, Pentax 110, Sony-E-Mount, and an Advanced C-Mount Adapter. MFT and N1 Adapter are allready beeing worked on, the others are so far just blueprints in my head. For Lens Adapter i usualy prefer to use Original Mounts from Brand Cameras over using Metal mounts from those Cheap Extention tubes where ever possible, as finish and fit on the Original Brand Camera Body Mounts is usually worlds better than on the Tube ones. The Cheap Mounts from those Extention tubes are still far better than any Plastic Mounts, but as they are Cheaply made and still have to fit a wide Variety of Lenses and Third-Party adapters, the Makers seem to prefer a rather loose fit on those, to avoid Lenses or adapters not beeing able to be mounted at all. This however makes them Less precise and they sometimes even have Some Play in them, which is just annoying.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 09:01:39 AM by Nikon1 »

kiyoung6475

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2021, 05:17:29 PM »
I ended up buying Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 lens and ordering couple of those fancy adapters that allow to control the aperture (one for color camera and one for my upcoming monochrome camera). I think I am going to buy at least one more lens so I can film with both cameras at the same time but I decide that after I have used this lens for a while.

I think I have to get lot more trigger cables since I have now already 3 cameras and it would be nice to trigger them one-by-one on some situations and from far away.

Hi,  I got the same lense as you.  Where can I get adapters that allow to control the aperture? 

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2021, 05:28:27 PM »
http://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=544.msg3455#msg3455
 Look at this Post from a while back, the Adapter i Linked there and any other Nikon G-Style Adapter from another Brand will work for Nikon Lenses without Aperture Ring.
 For Canon Mount Lenses its not really easy to control the aperture without an Canon Brand Camera.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2021, 05:31:38 PM »
If you are Brave (or very Desperate) you can also use this sketchy trick with Nikon G-Style Lenses:
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=516.msg2836#msg2836